Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replace my wiper blades with Goodyear Assurance wiper blades from Costco. Now the wiper arms is hitting the hood and getting stuck. I have a 2005 Murano, wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Also I have had some pretty extensive hail damage repaired recently that required a new hood and new windshield, work was done by Carstar. So I'm also wondering if they hood and or windshield was not installed correctly. Wondering if anyone else is using the Goodyear wipers from Costco on their Murano's without any issues?

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently replace my wiper blades with Goodyear Assurance wiper blades from Costco. Now the wiper arms is hitting the hood and getting stuck. I have a 2005 Murano, wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Also I have had some pretty extensive hail damage repaired recently that required a new hood and new windshield, work was done by Carstar. So I'm also wondering if they hood and or windshield was not installed correctly. Wondering if anyone else is using the Goodyear wipers from Costco on their Murano's without any issues?

Thanks!
The Murano's require a low profile wiper. It has been a couple of years since I changed mine and I do not remember the brand I went with but a search of the forum should yeild the information you need.

Joe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
austinpsu-

I would think the issue is with the wipers and not the recently-installed hood or glass. The old wipers worked with the new hood and glass, right? So it is safe to assume it is your new wipers. Try a pair with a lower profile.

-njjoe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The old wipers seemed to be hitting the hood as well, but not as bad as with the new ones. I've read through the forums and noticed other folks with '05 Murano's have used Rain-X Latitudes which look identical to the Goodyear Assurances with out any issues.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
a-

If you suspect the hood is not properly positioned then call your body shop and/or insurance rep ASAP. Some (most?) insurance companies will guarantee the work of the body shop.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Can you post pictures that will help us with the relationship of the hood and wiper arms? I'm thinking either the height profile of the windshield is too high or the hood is too low. Do the arms touch the edge of the hood when they're down?

Also pictures of the front end of your MO would help. Maybe they have the correct hood on but mounted it incorrectly?

Odd indeed...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've contacted Carstar about the issue. I also tried a wiper blade that is like the one I had on prior to getting the hood and windshield replaced. Still the wiper arms is hitting the hood. Now the drivers side wiper will not function at all! I try to get some pictures up.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
If the hood looks flushed to the fender and if the windshield does not look like its elevated more than usual, maybe they mounted the wiper motor wrong--not seated completely?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I messed around with it some more last night. The bolt holding the arm to the motor was pretty loose. After tightening it down it definitely helped, but the wiper arm is still hitting the hood. I really don't think it's the new wipers, just looks like the hood needs to be a 1/4 inch higher or so, or either the new windshield is thicker or installed improperly. So who knows, we'll see what the body shop has to say today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driver side wiper arm adjusting

had the same issue with mine, before I was the owner... has to be the low profile wipers without the over-blade support. Had to realign the arm too, was hitting the side of the windshield. Doesn't wear the blade out as much either, after adjusting position. Just becareful though (anyone who attempts this) when you remove the arm, use caution as to not be too rough with it. The ribs on the arm bolt are quite fine and easy to strip. Wiggle the arm (while taking the tension off the blade) inline with the bolt. IE per se: Towards you and away. It will come loose quite easy. Do all this with the wiper arm in the idle postition.

·
Super Moderator
8,648 Posts
If it's as simple as raising the back of the hood, it may just mean twisting a couple of rubber stops.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
IMHO: Goodtear wipers from COSTCO
I don't like them. No finishers/covers over the mount area. They get hard quiclkly and get very noisy.
I bought some CHEap wipers from ebay- $7 PER PAIR. Soft rubber, appear to be smooth. I They look good, low profile and have the finishers. I took one apart and used the rubber to refurbish the rear wiper.
More as soon as it rains.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've always found it best to replace windshield wipers with oem from Nissan. Either entire blade assembly or refills. You can also buy oem refills on line and insert them in original frames. Trying to save a few bucks with something as important as windshield wipers usually ends up in frustration and wasted money.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I am NOT "trying to save a few bucks"! Trying to find something that works and looks right. Spending $50 or so for OEM wipers is crazy.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow pretty strong reaction for "Also not trying to start a pissing oontest.... "
I was only trying to provide info to OP.
By the way oem refills from Nissan are like $20 for a pair.
Have a swell day.

·
Super Moderator
8,648 Posts
Friends, all points of view are welcome. Pissing contests (and any further reference to them) will be deleted.

OEM blades are generally very good, and usually pricey.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts