Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too have been experiencing the problem of the passenger wiper not cleaning the window very well. I took the MO in for oil and rotation and told them about the wiper and they offered to clean it for me.WOW!! Great customer service!!:)

I am visiting the in-laws and this was done at their Nissan dealer, not my home dealer. I think a letter to Nissan about them is needed since I also booked my service for 10am and 1 hour and 45 minutes later, the oil and rotation was done!! They told me that the whole day was open the day before and they actually only had 2 appointments booked for the day. I guess that booking an appointment is a reference only.

While waiting for my MO I looked at the '06 and the wiprs have been replaced with a very soft one piece flexible foam type wiper blade. I think that they finally realized the problem with the old ones and have redesigned them. I need a new wiper so I will ask for one of them.

Anyone got a wiper replaced with the '06 type yet?

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Well, cleaning the wiper blade isn't that hard. Just wet a paper towel with the solvent of your choice (I like to use isopropyl alcohol) and clean the rubber portion. If they offered to replace it for free, then that would have been impressive (a Nissan dealer offering something for *free* - checks quickly to see if hell has frozen over). Someone here mentioned that alcohol would dry out the rubber, but I've found it strangely rejuvenates it. So it works for me, and I'm sticking to it. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts