Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it is time to get new wiper blades. So far I have been quite happy with the OEM but I hear that some aftermarket ones are better. Anyone out there with real world experience? Should I stick with the OEM or there are better after market options. Just to make it clear, I do not care about a few $ difference in price. I want quality.

Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've used the Bosch blades with good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm a fan of Bosch Microedge Excel blades. I might give the Silblades on Courtesy a try, since they claim "5 year" life! I generally replace normal wipers every 6 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eric L. said:
I'm a fan of Bosch Microedge Excel blades. I might give the Silblades on Courtesy a try, since they claim "5 year" life! I generally replace normal wipers every 6 months.
I just ordered a Silblade from Courtesy for our Xterra. The rear wiper on the Xterra has not been replaced since we got it in 2000 and is rusting to crap so I figured what the heck get the good stuff. If they are good I will get them from now on for everything.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
silverf4i said:

I just ordered a Silblade from Courtesy for our Xterra. The rear wiper on the Xterra has not been replaced since we got it in 2000 and is rusting to crap so I figured what the heck get the good stuff. If they are good I will get them from now on for everything.
Cool update us on how you like them when you try em out. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I received my shipment from Courtesy yesterday and got the wiper blade, from initial inspection it looks well made and fit perfectly, I think I will replace all wiper baldes from now on with these. The blade itself is not made out of rubber it is made out of silicone so hopefully it will last longer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
silverf4i - Let us know how the blades perform. I'm intrigued by the claimed benefits of silicon blades.... that they leave a silicon coating on your winshield to keep it clearer and wipe easier..... sounds similar to what RainX does. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts