Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm a new Mo owner, with a couple of kids in the back seat. I found an entertainment package consisting of a DVD player, 2 headrest support mounted LCD screens, and IR headsets. Time for the big install! I'm no expert on running wires so I wanted the input of the collective experts here.

A given or two... the pyle 12V dvd player will go under the passenger seat, probably powered by the 12V outlet in the console.

We have 2 headrest mounted LCD screens ( Pyramid 7" MV7SC). I would like to run the wires into the seats somewhere around the headrests and have the wiring routed to the DVD player. Any suggestions here? I would prefer not to have them just hanging down the back of the seats.

Longer term, we will find a PS2 and be able to connect that up to the DVD player as well. With some setup, we should be able to watch a movie on one LCD and play games on the other...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to post pictures as I get going on this - after it warms up here!

Chuck
04 SL AWD Touring Gold / Cafe Latte

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great start

Folks,

Thanks for the pointer, I did search on DVD ( 5 pages worth) but missed that one. I should have used the +headrests option, thanks.

My LCDs clamp onto the posts supporting the headrests, not built in like Generators. I guess we would share the wire routing challenge... hopefully the picture attached to this post.

Generator - where / how did you route your wires from the headrest to the dvd player? Did you undo a seam in the top of the seat and fish it down the back? Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Chuck Best way to get Generator is to go to his web site. www.Generatorlabs.com

I can tell you he did it himself so he know's how and is a very smart guy. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts