Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I would like to make best use of CarPlay without having to always wire connect the iPhone, especially on short distances but unfortunately, CarPlay in the Murano requires a wired connection

I will always use a USB connection for the long drive with navigation to save the iPhone battery, but for short distances it would "cut the cord" if I can use CarPlay and keep the phone on me

Is there anyone here with Apple CarPlay using the device from CarPlay2Air in the link below to add wireless CarPlay in their Murano or any other car with OEM CarPlay functionalities ?

Reading the reviews and comments, satisfaction rates is as high at it could be and they seem to be very successful into adding this solution in almost any car with embedded CarPlay technology and a few aftermarket radios such as Pioneer or Alpine (Over 400 reviews and comments and all positive !)

I have ordered one and will keep you posted... If anyone has one, I'll appreciate your input

Anyone ?

https://carplay2air.com

CARPLAY2air_wireless_adapter_for_factory_carplay_android_auto_audi_vw_mercedes_benz_porsche_vo...png

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I would like to make best use of CarPlay without having to always wire connect the iPhone, especially on short distances but unfortunately, CarPlay in the Murano requires a wired connection

I will always use a USB connection for the long drive with navigation to save the iPhone battery, but for short distances it would "cut the cord" if I can use CarPlay and keep the phone on me

Is there anyone here with Apple CarPlay using the device from CarPlay2Air in the link below to add wireless CarPlay in their Murano or any other car with OEM CarPlay functionalities ?

Reading the reviews and comments, satisfaction rates is as high at it could be and they seem to be very successful into adding this solution in almost any car with embedded CarPlay technology and a few aftermarket radios such as Pioneer or Alpine (Over 400 reviews and comments and all positive !)

I have ordered one and will keep you posted... If anyone has one, I'll appreciate your input

Anyone ?

https://carplay2air.com

View attachment 51280
Nissan is not listed on the autos that it will work with. Did you email them to find out if it works?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn’t write to them but I ordered one for my Lexus and when I get it, I will try it in the wife’s Murano

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, received the CarPlay2Air dongle...
As not mentioned on their website (Supported brands) as a compatible brand, sorry to confirm that it is NOT working with the wife's Nissan Murano :(
But I am glad to report that it is working with my vehicle (Lexus NX300) without a glitch
Sent a few emails to them to see if it's in the plan to have Nissan's vehicle compatible... awaiting answer

·
Registered
885 Posts
OK, received the CarPlay2Air dongle...
As not mentioned on their website (Supported brands) as a compatible brand, sorry to confirm that it is NOT working with the wife's Nissan Murano :(
But I am glad to report that it is working with my vehicle (Lexus NX300) without a glitch
Sent a few emails to them to see if it's in the plan to have Nissan's vehicle compatible... awaiting answer
Wondering if it might be a power issue. Murano's USB only puts out .5 ma. Do you know the power output of the Lexus's USB port and the power requirements of the dongle?

Have a good day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what are the USB ports output on either car but suspect the Murano to be on the low side, 0.5 to 1 maybe.
But funny enough, the iPhone is charging when connected to the USB port and wired CarPlay is working too
Device power input requirement is 5V with 1 to 2.1 A

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not sure what are the USB ports output on either car but suspect the Murano to be on the low side, 0.5 to 1 maybe.
But funny enough, the iPhone is charging when connected to the USB port and wired CarPlay is working too
Device power input requirement is 5V with 1 to 2.1 A
Murano USB output is limited to .5 A. It will charge a phone sitting idle, but if running a nav program or anything else, the phone will slowly discharge.

Your Lexus USB must be putting out at least 1 A. if the dongle requires at least that much power to run.

Thanks for the info.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Just measured USB1 in my car. Current draw was 0.6-0.8A with screen off and up to 1.2A with iPhone screen turned on.
Good to know. Nissan spec is .5 A limited draw. Probably just covering their butts.

Have a good day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts