Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I would have opted for the Sunroof on my MO.
Maybe the chrome rims, not positive on that one yet.
Anyone, anyone

·
Registered
117 Posts
Navigation, definately the nav.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have gotten the navigation, chrome wheels weren't available yet so I got my own. Every car from now on will have navi.

·
Registered
758 Posts
wish I would have

Gotten the Nav and the sunroof. Working on the Nav on my own. Not willing to take the chance on an aftermarket sunroof.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The sunroof is my biggest regret. I should have held out and waited for one with a sunroof, but I let my impatience get the better of me.

As for the nav...I don't do a lot of driving in unfamiliar places and could not justify the cost....but I'm sure it's a very fun toy to have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i wish i had more money to spend my MO...

I only got the premium package because i had very limited amount of money to spend. So happy i was able to convince my parents to let me get this car in the first place

i would've liked AWD, leather, HIDs, blue bulbs for HIDs, 20 or 22" rims, heated seats, custom grill, lowering springs (to keep similar height after adding larger tires/rims), custom audio system

·
Registered
792 Posts
FX45 :) IS300 :)

Looking back on it now - a different color - Black has become such a huge pain in the a$$.

Nav would be cool - although I hardly have a need for it.

The chrome wheels are really pretty. I'd rather roll dubs.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Wow I didn't know you could get them without a sunroof! I had an Xterra before this, so after living the barren life, I didn't want to spare myself any option. God, I was lucky to have a right side mirror on that thing! I've had sunroofs on two cars, and missed it on four and there was no way I was going to go for such a nice ride and stop short. I had aftermarket nav on the X and was tired of all the wires and missing voice prompting due to the music being wayyyy too loud, so I wanted integrated Nav here. Now that it costs $200/year to keep up to date, I kinda wish that I *hadn't* gone for the nav.

Of course, if we get PC video out running on the upgraded display, it won't matter that much after all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Leather -- the novely of getting a shock each time I exit the MO (due to the cloth seats et al) is wearing off.

But .... the leather option in Canada brings with it a whole slew of other things I didn't really care about -- VDC, HID, etc etc. -- and of course the price tag to go with them.

But ..... an "enthusiastic" Doberman with long nails meant no leather.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
thecanuck said:
other things I didn't really care about -- VDC
I would think you'd want VDC in Canada. I live in the Northeastern US, so surely the snow has to be worse the farther north you go. We had a couple of freak snowstorms over the winter, and the VDC certainly plays a role in turning winter driving into a summer day's ride. You just point the car in the direction you want to go and it goes. AWD gets you there easily and VDC helps you stick the turns. Just turn, and if the system detects a loss of grip, it'll apply the brake on any tire combination as needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
EasternPA said:

I would think you'd want VDC in Canada. I live in the Northeastern US, so surely the snow has to be worse the farther north you go. We had a couple of freak snowstorms over the winter, and the VDC certainly plays a role in turning winter driving into a summer day's ride. You just point the car in the direction you want to go and it goes. AWD gets you there easily and VDC helps you stick the turns. Just turn, and if the system detects a loss of grip, it'll apply the brake on any tire combination as needed.
Fair enough. Maybe I should have said "... didn't really care about, given the price and the relative thinness of my wallet." The jump in price to go with the SE (in order to get VDC, HID, etc etc) here in Canada made it a no-go. Nissan Canada made it an all-or-nothing sort of thing -- the only option on a Canadian SE is (or at least WAS) nav (and colour of course). Everything, and I mean everything else is "standard."

Fellow northerners, please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
)

thecanuck said:
Everything, and I mean everything else is "standard."
Yeah I've heard jaak talking about the high package costs, but I didn't realize you could only choose nav or no nav, and color scheme. I seem to recall being a little surprised at the lock-in between the Nav and the VDC but I don't remember everything else being so tightly bound in the configuration. Again, I may not have noticed since I wanted all of it anyway -- the 6-disc audio, the nav, the leather, the sunroof -- by the time I got the SL premium kit, it was pretty much all in there. And as for the wallet, I cheated by quickly rolling my Xterra loan up into the mortgage to get a high trade-in (and subsequently the same for the Mo). Paired up with a refi, and I still spend $450 less a month than with the previous mortgage (and now I'm carrying 3 car loans in there!) Ah, the beauty of 40-year lows on interest rates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got exactly what I wanted. I only opted for the premium package bc I really wanted the upgrade bose stereo (my alty has it as well). I got the SE AWD and the color combo I wanted, I'm very happy with my selection.

I thought the nav was only if you opted for the highest option package out there. I didn't want the leather, the cloth is soooo cool!! Everything else that was important to me was standard, the ABS, side airbags, 18 inch wheels and so forth.

Now that I think about it, I'm sure that most of the MOs with navi where the higher priced one with all the options.

Not sure if I would use the navi very often, I think I would go with a hand held or portable if it came down to that. Mapquest works just fine for traveling.

Didn't want a sunroof, my alty has it and I didn't care if I got it again.

I'm a happy camper!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I'm with you Nicole. I got exactly what I wanted, although I am always tinkering...changing light bulbs and what not.

The Navigation seems to only be built on the Muranos that already had all of the other options from my searches. I think you're right.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I got pretty much everything I wanted. Extra options that I would have liked, but weren't offered, I got installed aftermarket (e.g., echomaster rear sensors). I even got the color scheme I wanted, but then again, the price I paid for this customization (other than the actual pay-out price, of course!) was having to wait three and a half months until the car arrived!

Really the last thing I need is a decent set of rubber floor mats. I'm leaning towards the Husky all weather jobs. But since its spring and winter is not due back for many many months, I have plenty of time.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Nicole said:
I got exactly what I wanted. Not sure if I would use the navi very often, I think I would go with a hand held or portable if it came down to that. Mapquest works just fine for traveling.
Yeah, I, too, got the exact config I wanted. Built it on the website and clicked, "find this car!" And they did. If you commute, you may find more uses for the nav than you expected. Even if I know exactly where I'm going, I like knowing my ETA (although not dynamically calculated like my Garmin) and also the ability to request a detour. Its nice when you come across a major traffic jam and you are driving one of two or three cars that dive off into the countryside to sidestep the whole thing. You just give the other driver that all-knowing nod when you get back on the highway ahead of the jam.

One of the last times I drove from paper was to a wedding in Maryland. Street names are actually highway numbers and sometimes vice versa. We missed a major turn, but somehow landed on a different road feeding into an important intersection we were looking for. Don't know how we made it, but we did. Something I appreciate in the Murano that the Garmin didn't do is when "Nancy" says the highway number AND direction I need to take as I approach intersections. The Garmin unit just tells me the distance, but forces me to look at the screen to find out the direction. There are so many good things to be said about having nav, I could go on and on. And in So Cal, you have soooo much to see and so many places to go. My sister just moved from the Hollywood Hills to LA by Melrose and she's ALWAYS going somewhere.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
EasternPA,

My Garmin 2610 tells me the distance and the direction. I have it on the dash just to the right of the steering wheel and can see it without taking my eyes off the road. It's almost right in front of me.

I'm happy with the Garmin as opposed to the built-in nav. I didn't think I had much use for the nav, but I love the Garmin. I'm still getting familiar with it, but I love the way the direction and angle of the turn are reflected in the arrows on the screen, and the ETA, countdown distance and time to next turn, etc. are shown.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wish I had the nAV.

Not said, but guaranteed the Color Display is much more visible in bright sunlight than the orange screen in the non nav. The Orange lights on the instruments are OK by me.
Not my first choice, but "ok".

But the orange screen looks like 1968 computer technolgy.:(

Homer

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Dij said:
My Garmin 2610 tells me the distance and the direction. [snip] I didn't think I had much use for the nav, but I love the Garmin.
Hey Dij,

Are you saying you hear which way to go on an upcoming interstate, or when you say "tells", do you mean "shows"? I used my Garmin Streetpilot III Color for a year or so before getting the Mo, and I loved it, too. I definitely miss some features from it -- in particular: the live updates of targets (waypoints, points of interest, whatever list you're looking at) as you're driving along. I was so hoping the Murano gained that feature in this year's update, but alas, no such luck. I also loved the web-based update feature. Free downloads of patches every few months? Can't beat it. NMEA serial out. Required for wardriving. Can't do it in the Murano, but my cellphone can in the meantime. Best of all, she's portable! I bring her along for trips when I'll have a rental car.

On the other hand, the Murano's nav lowers the radio to talk, lets us set "avoid areas" to stay away from when setting up routes (and warns me when I'm heading directly for a programmed "avoid area"), shows a bird's eye view, which is 1000x better than the Garmin, and will let me drive across the country without changing or reprogramming any chips. I've been burned by needing to go to Connecticut after coming home from Florida and forgetting to reprogram "Gwen" (my Garmin). Also, I was once in a park outside Philly and my sister called from Los Angeles needing directions. I jumped in the car and used the nav to help her get on her way. Couldn't do that with Gwen unless I kept the LA area loaded up in her chip.

More than just about anything, I wanted the built-in Nav so I could let my wife start using Gwen. (You know, "share the love") Until she actually wants to use it, Gwen will serve as my stratum-1 ntp server (for the geeks in here). Seriously, I loved Gwen for many reasons, but Nancy has a lot going for her, too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts