Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it from the side as it was going right to left in front of me as I was stopped at a light, waiting to turn left.
Of course when my light turned green the fox was afoot, Tally Hooo!

In a few short seconds I had zipped up beside it.
LOL a very poor imposter, either that or the driver had zero game.
I noticed something though as I approached it. The rear lines are kinda uhhhh..... crappy--yeah that's it. Reminded me of a cheap Korean wannabe.....or maybe even a carnival ride. Zero sexiness that our MOs exude.

Now when I see the commercial I snicker.
Looooooooooserrrrrrrrr.....
:moon:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mgthe3 said:
...Now when I see the commercial I snicker.
Looooooooooserrrrrrrrr.....
:moon:
I did that without even seeing one in person. It is just an UGLY car.....:D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I always post this on the Tribeca threads.

No HID avaialble, 16.9 gallon gas tank, underpowered

·
Registered
106 Posts
ekaxel said:
... 16.9 gallon gas tank...
You have got to be kidding me. I didn't realize they installed such a small tank on that thing. I guess they had to pinch the tank in order to fit in a (next to useless) 3rd row of seats.

Wow......and on top of all this, it's still ugly.

What's that old saying? "Madam, I may be drunk, but in the moring I will be sober. You, alas, will still be ugly"

Dave

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I kind of like the looks... all except the front grill... its worse than the MO's. :4:

I sat in one at a car show... the enterior has a nice flow... and the front cup holder actually opens smoothly and every time. :p

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its easy for us as Murano owners to laugh at the Tribeca. Yes its ugly, underpowered, and the third row is torture for adults, but Subarus have always had very good AWD systems. I believe the Tribeca uses a 50/50 split AWD system, unlike the slip and slide 100/0 -> 50/50 AWD system on the Murano.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Eric L. said:
Its easy for us as Murano owners to laugh at the Tribeca. Yes its ugly, underpowered, and the third row is torture for adults, but Subarus have always had very good AWD systems. I believe the Tribeca uses a 50/50 split AWD system, unlike the slip and slide 100/0 -> 50/50 AWD system on the Murano.
Sure, they may have a better AWD system but all of that is useless if they equip a car with lousy tires. My '02 WRX (which we traded in [happily] for our '04 Mo) came equipped with Bridgestone RE92 (IIRC) tires that were worse than slick tires in the snow. Granted the peaky power curve of the WRX motor didn't help matters but I had more than one excursion into a curb in snow with those tires. Worse yet, they didn't last two years (~ 30K miles). Just prior to trading it in, I had put new Yokohoma Avid's on it, but I didn't have a chance to try them out in foul weather.

In other words, you trade one thing for another :p Yes you can put new tires on a Tribeca and fix that problem, but it's still pretty homely :)

Dave

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Love it

zebelkhan said:
This is what a Tribeca owner should do:
Grip

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a buddy that owns own. He ordered one before they had any at the dealer. I have a feeling he paid way too much. I have only seen ONE on the road so far. I do not care for the looks at all. The interior shots look nice but I would have to wash it and find it in a parking lot so I could not stand to own one.

My buddy complains that it hunts for gears a lot when he travels on the highway. They are doing OK with gas milage and have not reported any issues with the vehicle, guess you can't report ugly as a warrenty fix item.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
To each, his own. That's what makes this a great place to live - the choice to go "ugly" if you so choose.

There were hordes of people who thought the Saab 900s of the 80s were butt-ugly, yet they had a loyal following. Many people thought the original VW Beetle was ugly, yet here it is half a century later and the general design has endured.

There are people who think the MO is bizarre looking (of course they are heavily medicated and don't get out often). There will be people who fall in love with the Tribeca, just wait and see.

Freedom of choice. It's great!!

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Dave N said:

Sure, they may have a better AWD system but all of that is useless if they equip a car with lousy tires. My '02 WRX (which we traded in [happily] for our '04 Mo) came equipped with Bridgestone RE92 (IIRC) tires that were worse than slick tires in the snow. Granted the peaky power curve of the WRX motor didn't help matters but I had more than one excursion into a curb in snow with those tires. Worse yet, they didn't last two years (~ 30K miles). Just prior to trading it in, I had put new Yokohoma Avid's on it, but I didn't have a chance to try them out in foul weather.

In other words, you trade one thing for another :p Yes you can put new tires on a Tribeca and fix that problem, but it's still pretty homely :)

Dave
True. However the tires on the Tribeca are *drumroll* Goodyear Eagle LS. :D

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I find it absolutely hilarious that you guys are bashing the looks of the Tribeca so much. I think that it's the closest looking vehicle to the MO that is on the road today.

We came out of the store the other day and saw a white one. My wife thought it WAS a Murano.

Especially from the side, it is VERY similar.

Yeah, I don't like the grill either. But then again, I think it has a better stock grill than the 03-05 MO (verdict is still out on the 06).

I don't see how someone can rave about the amazing looks of the Murano and then complain so bitterly about the looks of its nearly identical twin. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, in the commercial and in still pics it does have the upswept look of the MO.
That is why I was going, "OMG, in real life it isn't anything like the MO".
And it isn't.
Guys and gals do see a lot of things differently. What made the Monte Carlo lines so unique, the mustang lines so unique and a lot of other cars lines unique was just that---their lines.

The tribeca's lines are not anything like the MO. The Mo flows, the tribeca thinks it needs bumper bullets for lights. The nice fat butt of the MO has....a figure.

The rear lines:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sorry Corin.....and no offense meant, but your wife missed just a tiny bit of detail.
The MO's lines are assuredly MO; NOTHING compares.

:D

*edit*

Just looking back on these pictures makes me even more proud of my MO. It is sooooo smooooooth. She is a beauty.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan-

That is a great photo and a great idea!! I love it. :21:

-njjoe

·
4,601 Posts
I saw one on the road today and the first thought I had was "Fugly" followed by the thought that someone should redo the commercial so that the people in all the other SUV's are reaching for air sickness bags.

I'd even take an Element over one. And many of you know what a fan I am of that thing!!!:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts