Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I really do miss about living in DC was the fact that Virginia actually has seasons. We got hot summers and pretty cold winters. In Texas we get hot summers and warm winters. In fact, the temperature hit 70F several times in January.

Well yesterday we got the biggest snow I've seen since moving to Texas in 2000. A whopping 3 to 4 inches :rolleyes:

However, I did enjoy seeing the white stuff all over the place. My wife and I even built the first snowman that we've made since 1998. A fun time was had by all. I even got to take my Murano out for some wintery driving. I didn't do to much because, IMO, Texas drivers just aren't used to these conditions and some of those yahoos with 4x4s get really dumb. In fact I saw more than a couple of SUVs on the side of the road. During the time I was driving, I am happy to report that the Murano was very sure footed the entire time.

One day later and the snow is nearly melted. The high tomorrow will be in the 60's. Welcome to Texas.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
I like your jacket and the snowman's hat. :D

·
4,664 Posts
Snow in Texas is cool. Texas drivers in Snow is downright frightening!:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I moved from sunny California to Illinois for school, and I thought wow it will cool to actually see snow. Well my first winter in Illinois is almost over and I can say that the snow is pretty miserable. But I understand your joy about the first snow. I thought it was pretty fun to drive the Murano around in the snow - you just need to watch out for other drivers!

·
5,268 Posts
I lived in cold climate for long time.....thought the battle with snow etc. was normal........then I tried tropics...........man, after that Atlanta (some call it Hotlanta, I have no idea why) is on the coolish side.........

Snow looks great on post cards and in TV:D

No, there is no way going back to weather like that.............

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I mentioned, I'm originally from Northeast Louisiana (West Monroe) but I haven't lived there since 1990. I lived in Japan for 3 years before relocating to the Washington DC area where I worked at the Pentagon. I was quite happy when I moved to Texas (much closer to home) and especially happy after what happened to the Pentagon on 9-11. However, I still miss having seasons :)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
HTRK-1 said:
I would love to send you all the snow we got here in PA this year.........:rolleyes:
Definitely agree, although this year was much more fun in the MO compared to last year in the Mustang!

Where in PA are you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts