Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is not related to Murano but it is still an interesting news.

World Engine

A few years ago nobody would think it was possible.........1.5 milion wodern engines. Same design. DCX, Hyundai and Mitsubishi alliance.........interesting. I hope to get to see the production facility....

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
recent automotive news (i forget which one, it is early in the morning 9 am EST at

speed channel).. mentioned that components/engine/parts sharing between model lines or even between auto makers are a good way to harnest economy of scale.

Audi - VW - Porsche.
Ford- Mazda
Nissan - infinity on all vq engine
Daimler - Mitsu - Hyundai - Chrysler - Mercedez
Saturn Vue - Honda V6
etc etc..

BUT, if the parts/components are recall, it will force total-recall to all other name brands and car models that share the design. Huge amount of money involved in the end.

So the key is to design and share components that are proven to be reliable, flawless, and versatile. Nissan VQ engine is a good example. This is my 2nd top reason why i buy the murano. For nissan to be dare enough to put VQ engine across its vehicle line up, it must be good. :1:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
What is extraordinary is that the basic design of the VQ has not changed since 1994, when it was conceived of as an all aluminum V6 engine built to very tight tolerances. It has had its bevy of modern upgrades such as variable valve timing and a displacement bore, but otherwise its the same sweet engine that won a spot on Wards Top Ten engine awards. Its the only engine that still wins every year, for the 10th time in a row I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts