Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Murano and I love the look and the tech in it. But I was just wonding about the current owners of the car... Would you buy the same car again? Knowing it has some problems being new would you take the step again?

·
4,601 Posts
If I was in Florida, I'd buy a loaded '05 or '06 FWD SE... And I'd be very, very happy with it!

Hmmm I've even been in Florida with such a thing!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Short answer is yes.

The Murano has been be most trouble free car I have owned. I use it for my daily transportation in the San Francisco Bay Area as well as for fishing trips (it will hold two fully inflated float tubes and gear) and an occassional trip to Montana where the AWD is handy for the occassional snow conditions.

The problems I have had are:

1. tire noise due to feathering because the rear was out of alignment and I did not rotate tires in 30K

2. broken tensioner pully bracket (it broke when I pulled up to the service bay to get my alternator replaced under warranty

That is it. I have over 60K on the car with the original brakes and it looks like tires will last to 50K + (I have Perilli Scorpion Zeros)

Hope you have as good as experience as I have had if you get a Murano.

Ray

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes, I have had none of the problems some have written about.

I read this and other forums when the car first came out in 2003 and was somewhat concerned with steering issues, CVT, and various rattles and electrical gremlins that were being written about. I talked to several owners and they loved the car and were not having any of the above problems. I found out that the owner of the dealership I bought from drove a Murano as did his family. They also have a VW dealership so he had many choices.

The comfort, features and the way it drives especially on a long trip
makes me happy with my decision to buy the Murano.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Do a quick search. I think there are several threads that ask the exact same question. Pretty much you get MANY replies saying "absolutely"! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
russler01 said:
I am looking to buy a Murano and I love the look and the tech in it. But I was just wonding about the current owners of the car... Would you buy the same car again? Knowing it has some problems being new would you take the step again?
I just bought a 2005 SL. I have no regrets. My last car was a 2003 Saab 9-3SS. I had many regrets about that car. Thank god it was a lease.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not only would I buy it again, I did. I had a 2003 SL with the premium package and fo Christmas 2004, my wife told me to buy a 2005 SE with all the toys and whistles. Love it and will probably buy another one in 3-5 years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Only if the door panels were rattle free, only problem with 04 MO, but it drives me crazy to have thoses rattles, they only appear in cold weather

·
Registered
118 Posts
No. I'd trade the sportiness and style for a better AWD system and fewer design flaws. Maybe an MDX or a Pathfinder. I might have a different opinion if I lived in Florida, but I have to deal with lots of snow here in the midwest.

JeffC

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Yes. I will buy another MO again. I think with the recent popularity of Nissan products, the service is also going to get better (at least I hope!) by the time I am ready to replace my MO with another.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Murano has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I love it. It's a constant battle to see gets to drive, my wife or myself. Thankfully she lets me win most of the time.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Would I buy it again?

No.
Don't have to. Expect to keep this one for another 3 or 4 years.

Homer

·
Registered
747 Posts
Buy again

Jim04 stated
Only if the door panels were rattle free, only problem with 04 MO, but it drives me crazy to have thoses rattles, they only appear in cold weather
I agree with Jim04 above. The rattles drive me crazy. I still love the Mo though and have actually been thinking about leasing an 06 because of some of the (small) design changes . If you are going to buy in O town I would be curious to see how your service experience is because I have not been happy with my dealers service. I would also encourage you to steer clear of Classic Nissan as they have not moved into the 21st century when it comes to dealing with customers. They tried to pull the old "we misplaced your keys" trick when I looked at an 03 Murano there. Good luck!!

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
YES.

without any hesitation i will get another MO... actually i am selling my MO rt now... posted it in paper....

and will get the 06 in summer next yr.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Already did!

I had the hard-luck MO back in 2003. No fault of the MO, but I had two accidents on the same street... about 200 feet (and 3 months) apart. Someone rear-ending my near new MO put it in the shop for 3 months and $16K. The same week I got it out of the shop, I took it in to work where I got T-boned by a huge landscaping truck. That finished the poor MO off ($24K initial estimate to fix.)

I went through 2004 and part of this year without a MO. But I needed a larger car than my Audi A4 and after looking at all the current SUVs being offered, I still came back to a MO. :D I love the handling and performance of the MO... and I definitely love the safety of the vehicle.

Bob

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
For the same amount of money I am willing to spend on my murano...

there is no other SUV out there that can compete w/ murano's ride quality, HP and engine torque, cheap to maintain, nice looks, reliability and fun to drive. For Murano price range, it is the best bang for the buck and I will buy it again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just traded in my '03 SL FWD for an '06 SL AWD. Initially, I had no intentions of getting another one. I was fortunate in that my early '03 MO never had major problems, but I have never owned the same car twice in a row. I have always purchased something different.

I knew we needed another SUV, but this time, I just couldn't find that something different that drives like a MO, has the cargo space of a MO and is in the price range of a MO.

And even though I live in Florida, being an aggressive driver predisposed me to spinning the front tires when it was wet with the FWD. Now with the AWD, I shouldn't have that problem. :2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd buy another Mo again. The only other choice that might compete with the Mo would be an Infiniti FX - but that's about it.

Good luck.

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would and did buy another Murano. I bought a black 2003 SE AWD in April 2003. I got hit hard in Jan 2004 by a pickup doing a u-turn in front of me. After $8000+ in repairs, I drove the car to 80,000 miles and traded it in a month and a half ago for a silver 2005 SL AWD. I did consider a few other vehicles but the Murano easily won.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yes. A better AWD would be nice though.

I must admit. The $359/mo promotion lease on a Highlander Hybrid has me thinking.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts