Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SL AWD, fully loaded, chrome wheels (including NAV...no entertainment system though) $35k.....would you buy it. My local dealer called me today and made that offer. This would be well over 2k under sticker.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Axe the chrome wheels, then I'd buy it! The model you're mentioning is the one that retails for just over $37000 without chrome wheels, if I'm not mistaken, so it sounds like a great deal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordinarily I wouldn't want chrome wheels either, but its a Super Black Murano....the chrome will look hot against the black! I'm still leaning more towards the MDX though....I'll probably end up waiting a few more months. I think the Murano's price might come down, I think Nissan will see that pricing is a problem...as evidenced by the fact that most people seem to be getting them under MSRP.

·
4,664 Posts
Look at the chrome wheels and decide if you like them...

They actually match other chrome parts on the vehicle, unlike the painted silver ones, that don't match anything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cost of SE AWD Murano

We were visiting in Bay Area this week and the Santa Cruz Nissan Dealer wanted $37,00. for a two wd Murano. 3000.00 more than we pd. for our SE AWD. Sounds like they are trying to gouge consumers.!! :x

·
Registered
116 Posts
I personally don't think chrome belongs on cars so adding more chrome isn't to my liking. That's the reason I purchased the silver Murano and did not purchase the Black one. There isn't such a contrast between the silver and the chrome compared to the black and chrome. Why designers think it's necessary to add more chrome to vehicles is beyond me.

As far as having to match chrome wheels with chrome accents, how many cars with alloy wheels actually have "painted silver" accents as opposed to chrome accents? I can't really think of one. But that doesn't mean every vehicle looks good with chrome wheels just because it has chrome accents. YUK! :p

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder! Buy what you like. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chrome is hot with young people today, thats why car companies are including more of it...if I had a nickel for every time I've heard my daughter's boyfriend say "that car needs more chrome!"...I'd be rich. To me, chrome is "old school" and played out...I had huge chrome wheels on my '78 nova when I was a kid...it was cool then but I prefer a nice polished alloy now. But you know how old fads get recycled every couple of generations. However, chrome does look good on a VERY CLEAN, SHINY black vehicle.

·
4,664 Posts
The silver looks better with the painted silver wheels. It would be overkill with the chrome. The chrome would look fabulous on the black. The chrome wheels clash on the some of the other colours as well. There is no right answer.

I look at the painted wheels on my 2K Max and keep thinking I'll get them polished, if I keep it. The car is sunlit sand and has chrome accents (GLE), but not one touch of silver anywhere. The wheels look out of place.

But I think I'll get a copper Murano instead... SL, not SE. I like the new style of cloth interior. The charcoal almost looks like suede. (I presently have leather in the Max) I also like the 5 spoke wheels better than the SE's 6 spoke. I'd get the chrome (polished aluminum really, aren't they?) wheels, if they were available here, but I haven't seen them yet.

If you want to look a little flashier, the chrome either a) looks upscale and classy, or b) looks really cheesy and trashy. I'm not sure which, and it depends on the mood I'm in!

We all have opinions.... Mine changes from day to day!

I do agree the younger people like the chrome more... I'm 44.

·
Registered
82 Posts
would i buy it? yeah, it sounds like a good deal. anything under msrp is good. 2k at that?!

so, they did that for you, what did you do for them? money down? trade in? how much?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't do anything but tell them that $35k was my limit and I wouldn't budge. They were practically begging me to to take it at $35k. Of course, I was just testing them...I'm still in shopping mode...not buying mode. They were so ready to jump at it that it makes me think that prices may be lowered (by means of incentives) when they start marketing it. That dealership had only sold one, and only two had been sold in the entire area.

(Richmond, VA.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chrome wheels

The chrome wheels look great on the black Murano I've seen that combination. $2,000 under MSRP is a good deal but the prices are finally, after three years, starting to drop on the MDX as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the deal is good, if you like the car/SUV then it should be a no brainer. Future prices may still be less, not near as much interest in the rest of the country as in Cali. Big surprise?? Nissan dealers around here act like they are getting stuck with more "oddities" than they want. I'm definitely waiting on the FX 35 for comparison, and maybe the X3.

You have a good deal on the table, the chrome wheel costs and the fact that American Racing is adding after market wheels will put pressure on dealers crazy enough to take an $1100 chrome wheel pkg. Chrome wheels will be rare on Murano.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the deal is good, if you like the car/SUV then it should be a no brainer. Future prices may still be less, not near as much interest in the rest of the country as in Cali. Big surprise?? Nissan dealers around here act like they are getting stuck with more "oddities" than they want. I'm definitely waiting on the FX 35 for comparison, and maybe the X3.

You have a good deal on the table, the chrome wheel costs and the fact that American Racing is adding after market wheels will put pressure on dealers crazy enough to take an $1100 chrome wheel pkg. Chrome wheels will be rare on Murano.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i don't know about the fx45...last i read (about 3 weeks ago) was it would be priced around 40k with 300 hp and 20" rims with low profile tires.. looks really good. and it's an infiniti, a luxury manufactuer, nissan is not. can't compare. the x3 looks like a smaller version of the x5. recycled.

my opinion of course...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the X3 looks sharp but the only way it would compete against the Murano is price. The X3 won't have comparable cargo capacity considering the X5 has 54.4 cu.ft. compared to the 81cu.ft. in the Murano.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More competition starting around $35k....

Lexus RX 330

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9440

·
Registered
82 Posts
i saw the end of the murano commercial last night 1.5.3 around 9pm pst. plus i was half asleep too so, don't remember much of it too :lol:

oh, and not too impressed with the new rx330 link above...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to digress, but I agree with dubfly on the rx330. I was a fan of the rx300 and MDX before I got the Murano, but now I find the small wheels a big turn off. I like what Nissan is doing... big power, big wheels, and now big sunroofs. Anyone see the 2004 Max and Quest? Gullwing doors anyone... check out the Infiniti Triant concept?? WHOAH!!! Get that baby on the road!

I love my Murano!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts