Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Do not know

Votes: 8 11.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knowing what you know about your Murano, would you buy another one/do it again?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
You can trade!

:)

·
4,664 Posts
Re: You can trade!

GripperDon said:
Hey Don, having done it, any tips?

·
5,268 Posts
Do not know. So far I am quite happy though I had more small problems with this car than any previous one (except FIAT!!). Still love it. What do I miss? Handling, RWD.

Ask again in 3 years time......

·
Registered
758 Posts
Maybe

Six Months ago I would have said definitely. Now I see about 20 MO's a day. The uniqueness is gone. I still love the power and design of the Murano. I can do without the rattles though.

·
5,100 Posts
Re: Re: You can trade!

jaak said:

Hey Don, having done it, any tips?
Well here are my feelings, (can't say thoughts as that would indicate I had a brain when I buy cars and I don't, strictly emotional) Cars are lousy investments and if I bought for transportation I could still have my 2000 MBZ E class Turbo Diesel.

I never like what I get, my cars are always pristine condition and low mileage and I feel that the system is stacked against you and bad.

If you are trading a different brand they seem to simply call a dealer of that brand and see what the used car guy will offer. When I trade for the same brand they seem to call their own used car guy and see what he will offer. So I always seem to lose. Dealers are not good buyers of used cars they have too many choices and have you at a disadvantage, so you get very bottom dollar. If you are worried about selling to outright for some reason like, no time, hassle, etc. Then trade may be the way you have to go. I know I sure lost out on the 04 to 05 trade. But !!! Sometimes I just don't have the time and I don't lease or finance so cash flow is a consideration that sometime causes a trading situation.

I sold my Infiniti G35 and did not trade when I bought the 04 MO and that was typical situation. Days and no calls, Days and no calls, panic! then one call, came and saw the car and paid cash what I was asking and said "WOW showroom new what a deal!"

I have sold some MBZ and always did well. The are a hot item in the area here. Should have sold my MBZ Slk 320 and not traded in on the Phaeton, But Writing a check to pay for the Phaeton and keeping the SLK was kind of daunting so I traded it in.(Stupid Me)

So Advice? Don't trade unless you have to. Clean it up especially under the hood, Price it right, Have some patience. Think out the process ahead of time. Call a finance company and determine what they will loan and if it assumable. This will have you prepared to provide info if required. Don't buy the new one until the old one is sold. Have all you record ready. Check out some web sites for advice of selling your car.

Now! that I said all that t I'll probably not do any of it. At my time in life after almost 50 years (God a half century!, I am an old fart at that!) of working, I am now trying to enjoy a coast and just take care of my family each having their own special needs, so I try to only worry about thing I can't stop worrying about and avoid things that upset as much as possible (That definitely includes Car salesmen ) .

Final line. Sell it yourself if you can, But get the car you really want but don't go bankrupt doing it. (Remember I really want a Bentley Flying Cloud)

·
Registered
792 Posts
I won't.

I want smaller and RWD.

I still think the Murano is the best bang for the buck in this market. I don't know many people who NEED the 3rd row - yet they always use it as a selling point. I still consider the Murano to be problem free. I guess as long as it's covered under warranty I don't worry much about it.

I'll live with a couple minor rattles to have all the other benefits of the Murano.

·
Registered
128 Posts
After my problems with the Z, I regret giving Nissan more money, and if I could do it again.. I wouldnt.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think I'd do it again. I voted that I would so I might as well back it up. The MO is unique, it has style, it has class. I have had just a few annoyances but not any problems. The space is great and ride is comfortable and the handling good.
I must say I like the Infiniti FX just a little more in the style department. Grip has posted someplace that he thinks the Murano is a better vehicle. I'd like to hear that again Grip.
I also like the Infiniti G-35. That however would replace my Altima.
I might add that I am very happy with that car. Never one visit to the Dealer for a problem.
I believe in having both a car and SUV. The MO is not in the same category as what we call a traditional SUV but it's close enough for me.
One more reason to get another MO. I like this org web site too much to leave!
Bob1

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
we did it again but regreting the fact that we did it so close to the 06 refresh. ohh well guess we'll have to trade up again haha. my moms gonna be hella mad.

·
5,100 Posts
bob1 said:
I think I'd do it again. I voted that I would so I might as well back it up. The MO is unique, it has style, it has class. I have had just a few annoyances but not any problems. The space is great and ride is comfortable and the handling good.
I must say I like the Infiniti FX just a little more in the style department. Grip has posted someplace that he thinks the Murano is a better vehicle. I'd like to hear that again Grip.
I also like the Infiniti G-35. That however would replace my Altima.
I might add that I am very happy with that car. Never one visit to the Dealer for a problem.
I believe in having both a car and SUV. The MO is not in the same category as what we call a traditional SUV but it's close enough for me.
One more reason to get another MO. I like this org web site too much to leave!
Bob1
I got to know the Infiniti dealership owner a bit when I had the G35 as I traded in a Mercedes on it. So When the Fx45 and 35 came in he wanted to sell me one. So I got to use each for a weekend. Impressions.

Harder Ride.
For some reason smaller inside.
Harder to see out of.
No CVT.

Everything else was nice Oh the price was too high for what you got and I like the Fx35 the best.

Now when it comes to the M45 and the M35, The 45 seems to be a brute for go but the 35 is a better value.

All just my opinion. Still keeping under 3000 or so.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I think so.
Present plans call for me to keep the MO for another 4 years.
At that time it will be 6 years old and worth nothing on a trade in.
I will sell it privately. I always do.
The Nissan Dealer offered me $1500 on my 6 year old, Chrysler Town and Country. I sold it to the first caller for $7200. I had it listed for $7995. The guy sure drove a tough bargain. ;)

When it comes time I (with present thinking) will have to include the Murano in my selection process. Of course, it is likely that something else will be the hot number then.
But at least I will consider it. Couldn't say that after 1 year of ownership but it has been very good for the last year and I am pleased with the Alternator solution.

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Don, thanks, it's got me rolling things around in my head as to what the next vehicle will be... I start early, I don't need to seriously consider this until next year at this time.

Part of me wants a car again. I do like the storage of the Murano and it's fun to drive, but I have to admit I'm a bit annoyed that they not only changed my transfer case, but changed how it works, so it's not exactly the same vehicle I agreed to, in the lease.

Yeah, I'm being picky.

So what do I do next? To be honest, I drove a Magnum and really liked it. Now it's got me looking at Chargers, because the Magnum, Charger and 300 are the same car underneath. (I took the plant tour last monday and frankly, I'm very impressed with what DC's done with the vehicle and it's assembly.)

Other thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head are depreciation. Which had me thinking about MB and BMW as well.

Of course, I've always had a soft spot for the G35 too...

Ahhh.. It's never easy.

Of course, the other complication, is do I buy or lease next time. I don't like the restriction on what you can do to the vehicle, when you lease. If I buy, it's mine to do whatever to.

Being an old Mopar fan (not to be confused with MOpar!) I have to admit, there's an emotional element when I look at a Charger R/T or Daytona, or SRT8. Especially the SRT8.

Seeing the quality now appears to be excellent on these models from DC, it appeals to me to buy domestic. The assembly plant is only 20 minutes from where I live.

Decisions, decisions.... I think about it, but when I'm driving the Murano, I forget it all. I guess that speaks volumes, doesn't it...

Except the driver's seat is creaking again...:3: I'll have to see if I can get them to do the TSB on it.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Truthfully, I am still devided whether to get another nissan....

I like the murano a lot, even after 2 yrs of ownership.
This vehicle has been reliable, have minor problems and only need a few trip back to the dealership for repairs. It got me through blizzard driving, long highway cruising, roadtrips, house moving, home depot plywood carrying etc.

I kept my miata for its RWD top down and twisties driving experience. I may sell it, and have a portion of the money as down payment for leasing another roadster. IMHO, roadster is a toy. Having it as daily drive is 'impractical'. Furthermore, maintenance of my miata is cheap. I dont put a lot of milage on it: 01 miata with 19K in odo... :rolleyes:

A while ago, GripperDon told me I will not be able to find another vehicle that will subsititute an suv + a roadster. I guess this is true!

After MO, I may get another suv, but i am not sure whether it will be nissan. It may be domestic brand like: jeep Grand Cherokee. It can be a Lexus :4:

Why not nissan? just say that I like to try new things (read: brandname).

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
.After MO, I may get another suv, but i am not sure whether it will be nissan. It may be domestic brand like: jeep Grand Cherokee.
NOOOOOO! AHHHHH! (Screaming Sam Kinison, Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh)
SugarRush, don't do it man. I traded my Grand Cherokee for the MO.
Take my word on this, it was noisy, unreliable, the rear seat was horrendous to exit and enter. The engine sounded like a school bus diesel. It felt like I was driving either a Sherman tank or a bulldozer. Make a turn and everyone in the car would fall over. Really a bad ride. At 80K it was ready for the junk heap. The rear end started humming so loud that you could not carry on a conversation. People who owned it said, oh yeah, I had that and it cost 1800 bucks to fix. That's when I dumped it.
At 20K all the brake rotors warped and had to be replaced. The o2 sensors both failed at 21K and 22K respectively. I went thru 3 sets of tires and had it aligned about 4 times. The resale value was about equal to a sack of fertilizer. The only thing about the Jeep, it looks good but that's it. You'd be real unhappy going from the MO to the Jeep. That's why you can buy one that stickers for 28K and get it for 19,900.
Bob1

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
bob1 said:
NOOOOOO! AHHHHH!
SugarRush, don't do it man. I traded my Grand Cherokee for the MO.
Take my word on this, it was noisy, unreliable, the rear seat was horrendous to exit and enter. It felt like I was driving either a Sherman tank or a bulldozer. Make a turn and everyone in the car would fall over. Really a bad ride. At 80K it was ready for the junk heap. The rear end started humming so loud that you could not carry on a conversation. People who owned it said, oh yeah, I had that and it cost 1800 bucks to fix. That's when I dumped it.
At 20K all the brake rotors warped and had to be replaced. The o2 sensors both failed at 21K and 22K respectively. I went thru 3 sets of tires and had it aligned about 4 times. The resale value was about equal to a sack of fertilizer. The only thing about the Jeep, it looks good but that's it. You'd be real unhappy going from the MO to the Jeep. That's why you can buy one that stickers for 28K and get it for 19,900.
Bob1
AAHHHH! Bob, thanks for the heads up. I will definetely remember this warning :4:

·
4,664 Posts
I agree on that! While I've said good things about DC products, it's the recent, from the ground up, new designs I like. I still shudder when I look at pre DC designs they're selling. I'm not sure what it is, but I cringe when I look closely at a PT Cruiser, or a Pacifica, but I don't get this same impression out of an LX series (300, Magnum, Charger) or a Crossfire.

I'm curious to see if all their products get significantly better.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Actually the PT is probably one of the best entry level cars you can buy.

Homer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts