Votes: 24 49.0%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 6 12.2%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murano with 5.6L DOHC 32-valve V8 with 305 HP @ 4900 RPM and 379 LB of torque @ 3600 RPM if Nissan "accidentaly" placed such powerplant under MO's hood (compliments of TITAN)?

Yes? No? Maybe?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah, I'ld jump all over it IF..............

IF it had some other tranny in it. I don't think the CVT could take it.

As an old American iron guy, I still like V8s with gobs of torque down low vs screaming 6s.

Homer

·
Registered
263 Posts
As tempting as it might sound I probably wouldn't go for it. As I stated in another post I was interested in the FX45, but cost and mileage changed my mind. I guess I've grown weary of gas guzzlers.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes but only if they made the SE's suspension more sporty.

·
5,244 Posts
Yes if:

1. it had CVT
2. AWD
3. as an economy measure 4 cylinders were shut off during steady speed drive (aka Dodge Magnum, new honda Accord hybrid)
4. cost similar to the current MO

·
Registered
323 Posts
Already have a Murano.... already have the 5.6... In my Armada. The engine is wonderful-- great tow vehicle. The MO doesn't need this mill and it'd never fit! ; )

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah there's rumors of this actually happening. A car geek friend of mine saw it on some website.. though I think he said it's not gonna happen (was slated for 2006). :-(

·
Registered
155 Posts
probably not. It would cost more to buy and run, and the MO has adequate power for what I do with it. Also, I really do need my drivers license....

·
Registered
438 Posts
And at that point, why not get an FX? That's a lot of power to be putting to the front wheels primarily. Might as well do it with a RWD setup, a tranny that can handle it etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts