Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 2004s are within sight of the ports.
Delivery is supposedly being promised at some of the Canadian dealers for next week.

But the "stick shift" CVT has disappeared from the Canadian Nissan internet site.
It WAS there wasn't it?
I am positive I saw it there but the ol' memory isn't what it usta wuz.

So now, some of the people who were waiting, ended up waiting for a power headrest I guess?

Those who buy the 2004 next week will pay several thousand dollars for the Headrest I would guess.:rolleyes:

Homer

·
Registered
97 Posts
The 04 MO's have landed in Ontario Canada. Was at a local dealer on the weekend and they had delivered 3 04 MO's already.

Going back today to haggle a deal on a 04 MO SE Pewter/Cafe Latte leather.

The owner of the dealership talked me out of the NAV package. He said it wasn't worth the $3,400.

He also told me that we won't see the Cabernet Leather around either (at least not in Canada). People have ordered this color in the past and have refused to take delivery after seeing it in person. Nissan will be toning down the color to fit better with the two tone gray dash and door panels next year.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point in time the faux stick shift is not an option on any model.

Homer

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tiptronic

hfelknor said:
At this point in time the faux stick shift is not an option on any model. Homer
I assume you are referring to the tiptronic shift when you say faux stick shift. Is it not an option on any 2004 model in Canada only or does that include the US as well?

·
Registered
97 Posts
04 SE MO's have them, and I have seen it . This is what CDN web site say:

And new for 2004, the CVTTM offers an available 6-speed manual mode on the SE that puts the (shifting) power in your hands. All told, Xtronic CVTTM is a driving experience you'll want to relive again and again.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
jetnbye said:
04 SE MO's have them, and I have seen it . This is what CDN web site say:

And new for 2004, the CVTTM offers an available 6-speed manual mode on the SE that puts the (shifting) power in your hands. All told, Xtronic CVTTM is a driving experience you'll want to relive again and again.

i read the same text somewhere as well.....

but also noticed the comment that the "pod-like instrumentation" adjusts up and downward with the steering wheel.....

cant seem to get mine to budge...lol

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always willing to learn.

For my sake, go to the Canadian web site and configure an SE with the CVTTM. What's the price of the CVTTM?

For your sake, walk me through the site and show me where it says that about the CVTTM. BTW, hit your refresh button when you get to the site.

Homer

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent. As I said in my post, I was sure I had seen it there.

Now, did you configure the SE with the "6 speed"?

See, I think it is more or less like sms is alluding to......
The movable POD......the SAT........the DVD........ALL were mentioned on various sites, some like the SAT and the DVD were announced by Nissan.......and still haven't happened.

It ain't available, but you might find some mentions of it around.

When will it be available?
Good question.
Maybe a couple of weeks.
Maybe a couple of years.

How much will it cost?
Another good question don't you think?

How much would you pay for one?
I can see some hard core types paying as much as $1000.
Me? I wouldn't pay for it.

Now if they made it standard, which they may do..........on the 05s?

Anyway, good catch on the Web Site. I KNEW I had seen it but couldn't find it again.

Homer

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Canada, the 04 MO SE comes standard with the Xtronic CVTTM.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Interesting.

I'd like to see how Nissan handles the SAT radio for the 04's. It seems to be confusion all around.

The '03 SAT fiasco is one for the record books.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"In Canada, the 04 MO SE comes standard with the Xtronic CVTTM."

and yet they plainly state on the Canadian site (which is SPECIFIC for Canadian Muranos etc)
"And new for 2004, the CVTTM offers an AVAILABLE 6-speed manual mode on the SE that puts the (shifting) power in your hands"

Now here in the states "an available......." clearly means "Optional".

I am trying to think of a car company that is, or was, as screwed up as Nissan...........and I just can't get there.

I mean, how is this thread even possible????????????

As a guy who has driven all American since I got rid of my Datsun 200SX, I have to wonder just HOW Japanese cars have won out over American...........It MUST be the cars, because it damn sure isn't the marketing.:rolleyes:

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
I have to wonder just HOW Japanese cars have won out over American...........It MUST be the cars, because it damn sure isn't the marketing.:rolleyes:

Homer
hey homie.......

drive an 88 cutlass supreme brougham (brand new even) and then an accord lxi (also from 88, with, say 100k on the clock)......

therein lies the answer to your question...........

((i agree that this is a huge nissan flop...... like something got lost in the translation, or ???????)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bad example.
There are more 88 (Or any older year) chevys still on the road, per capita than any Honda....Toyota etc.
And the reson IS quality.
I'll leave you to figure out how High Quality hurts the Jap cars when they get old....................;)

Homer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts