Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! That is awesome.....

In I went to the dealer with a slight worry that I ordered something unseen and untested and for which I can't get a delivery date....

Today I saw the Mo for the first time...Wow, what a car....Absolutely brilliant...Haven't driven it yet as I had to look after our 2.5 year old and it is going to be my wife car primarily....She loved it, so quiet, so refined, not putholes to be found on the road...The interior is outstanding....Best bit is watching the other people in their cars watch you....

And we got a date, it looks like the 5th of April the first UK Cayman Blue Murano will be on the road....

Now I know why you are so happy ;-)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Man, I really envy you Jean-Paul. Seems like you will be getting your baby very soon. I would like to hear your first impression once you have a chance to test drive the MO.

Today I went to the Nissan dealer and they told me the earliest the MO can arrive in Singapore will be early August. I then went to the parallel importer to look at the MO again. I have gone there at least 4 times to see the car but they wouldn't let me test drive the MO unless I am ready to sign on the dotted line. I am not comfortable with the parallel importers' warranty so I guess I have no choice but to wait.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been lucky in picking the right dealer, they want us to get one so their dealer name is being advertised (in the UK the supplying dealer normally has their name at the bottom of the license plate). I couldn't believe they had two there...

One darkish grey, looking absolutely stunning was parked outside with vehicle registration plates and tax on it....One silver one, looking very good too! Was inside....My wife immediately jumped in the drivers seat...Very comfortable....I was impressed by the boot space and those wheels are bigger than my daughter...Stunning...We didn't really have much time, I have diy jobs to do around the house, my wife is going to mass this afternoon....So we asked to hear the stereo, the showroom model didn't have a battery, so we went outside again...The stereo and SatNav is great and then the MD suggested we went for a drive...But ofcourse my little girl needs a car-seat so I jumped out and let my wife drive-off....

I couldn't decide where to look, the big smile on my wife's face, or the people in the other cars with their jars on the floor.....

We were so stunned that I even forgot to take pictures on my Moto....

Roll-on April......

I can now honestly say that it is worth the wait, don't say that often about a car....

·
5,244 Posts
dejongj

Shall we say: WELCOME TO THE HAPPY CLUB!

:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! This really is one of those motoring secrets I think....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cayman Blue

Well we now have three different Names for Blue on the Mo,
Cayman Blue (Europe), Majestic Blue (Canada), and Midnight Blue (USA). Congratulations Jean Paul. Welcome to the Blues Club:7:

·
4,601 Posts
You get to experience what the early buyers here, had happen...

People chasing you, trying to find out what it is, all smiles, telling you how awesome it looks... You need more stop lights as it's hard for them to ask you questions on roundabouts.

Oh, and of course, the sore face from smiling so much! (And your wife will be laughing at you, when you stand and just look at it.:D

Yes, it is B brilliant!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the Cayman Blue on a Nissan Primera which looks really nice. But it will ten times better on the Murano with all that chrome, I think dark colours set the chrome of nicely. So yes I am happy to be part of the blue-club, I'll drink to that...

Just need to find a way to bring those chrome rocker bars to the UK. I might have to find a cheap flight to the US and bring them back myself....

It will be nice when people are wowed by the car....As long as they just ask about the car and not about my wife...Jealous me nah ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
dejongj

send pics when you finally get it!!!!! =)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pictures will be there on the 9th ;-)

We won't be able to pick it up until the 8th as typically that week I am out of the country.....But we ordered it with Supagard treatment anyway, so that will take another day or two at the dealers...It is one of these protective films which is guaranteed for 6 years to stay in play (much longer than we keep it....)...

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Congrats...

Please post pics, especially the interior! I really want to see the murano having the steering on the right side!
Jan Paul, you are in UK right?

:D

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh... Didn't think of that. I wonder if they're waiting on some of the right side specific parts...

I wonder how many will be common with the Japanese model? It's RH drive as well, no?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I am in the UK. It has the right-hand drive steering wheel (a picture is on the UK Nissan Murano website - even though it states it is a US model which I don't think is true...)...

I can confirm that strangely enough it doesn't have fog-lights and also no dual-zone climate control. Our polish friend was right.

Also the stereo and climate control are not integrated with the SatNav display. The SatNav display does have a TMC tuner and appropriate software. And the colour rearview camera is great, hhmmm lots of alternative uses I can think of :D Another thing the car doesn't have is the electrically adjustable pedals, there were problems with the steering column on that side...

I'll get pictures out as soon as I can....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts