Nissan Murano Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
is this not for use in America? i go on your website and its not an option on your drop down menu...
Yes it is. They just don't have that option on the website at the moment so you need to contact him directly. Facebook messenger seems to get his attention. That's how I got everything. You can also search this thread and find a link to download the US file.

· Registered
4 Posts
Ok so I know I just signed up, but we bought a 2018 Murano in 2019 and it was missing the SD Card. We dealt with it for several years, but I was at the point of either buying a replacement card or replacing the Receiver altogether, which led me to XaNavi. While doing some research on Youtube on the process to replace the head unit, a YouTuber did a review of the XaNavi solution (
). After watching I decided to take a chance on this solution. Reached out to Vlad because I also ran into the issue with their website not having a Country code for the US. Went the PayPal route with payment and outside of some communication issues due to time zone differences things have been ok. So I got the software from Vlad and followed all instructions, now I'm just waiting on him to get back with me regarding the license file, so I may go a day before I can use my radio again...no biggie.

· Registered
100 Posts
First I would like to say, this is pretty awesome! I am so eager to get this solution in place, but I am having hard time getting in touch with xanavi, I tried facebook and email, maybe it's the holiday slowness?
I have 2 concerns though:
1- Can you revert back to the original firmware if something went wrong?
2- With the delay in communication, I am worried to flash the firmware and not being able to drive the car while waiting for the license key. Has this happened to anyone here? can you still drive the car while waiting on the firmware?

· Registered
4 Posts
First I would like to say, this is pretty awesome! I am so eager to get this solution in place, but I am having hard time getting in touch with xanavi, I tried facebook and email, maybe it's the holiday slowness? I have 2 concerns though: 1- Can you revert back to the original firmware if something went wrong? 2- With the delay in communication, I am worried to flash the firmware and not being able to drive the car while waiting for the license key. Has this happened to anyone here? can you still drive the car while waiting on the firmware?
1. From my understanding the process does make a backup of your current firmware, although I'm unsure of the process to revert back to the original firmware (I have zero interest in doing so). 2. I had about a day delay between installing the new firmware and receiving the license; during the delay I was able to use my radio as normal, but I did not leave the SD Card installed.

· Registered
100 Posts
1. From my understanding the process does make a backup of your current firmware, although I'm unsure of the process to revert back to the original firmware (I have zero interest in doing so). 2. I had about a day delay between installing the new firmware and receiving the license; during the delay I was able to use my radio as normal, but I did not leave the SD Card installed.
cool, thanks @Snake_Doc for the info!

@XanaviNet are you guys on vacation , if yes, when you'll be back?
Also, is there a way to revert the original firmware if needed?

· Registered
100 Posts
Quick update:
I was skeptical at first, the communication was initially delayed, but once the PayPal transaction was made, everything went smoothly.

This thing works perfectly!!!!! I now have android auto in my 2016 Murano!

Once installed and requested the license key, I literally got it less than 5 minutes after sending the request!

If you are hesitated, just do it, this is a must have solution!

Thanks @XanaviNet

· Registered
60 Posts
For those interested in solving the slow charge for older units, I've purchased the Motorola wireless dongle for Android Auto. It does not work with CarPlay so this is only for Android Auto users. This solves slow charging because you don't need to have the phone plugged in and you can use a cigarette plug with a fast charger to connect the phone to while it wirelessly connects to the car Android Auto interface. The reason why I picked the Motorola one is for two reasons. It is the only officially supported by Google and unlike others, works in low and high temperature so you can leave it in the car at all times. And I also don't trust the Chinese brands with connecting anything to my phone. God knows what info a device like this could be sending to some Chinese servers. Anyway, it fits perfectly in the small compartment of our Muranos. Cost is $99

Motorola MA1 https://a.co/d/hqGJhpG

· Registered
3,561 Posts
Good advise regarding the faster charging.

From my research several months ago the Motorola MA1 is the only wireless Android Auto dongle that has consistently good reviews. All the others I checked out appeared marginal at best...

It's been out of stock quite a bit, but maybe they have the supply issue worked out now. Hopefully we will see a price reduction soon, $99 is still more than I want to pay for the wireless convenience...

Reactions: futuremurano

· Registered
100 Posts
Good advise regarding the faster charging.

From my research several months ago the Motorola MA1 is the only wireless Android Auto dongle that has consistently good reviews. All the others I checked out appeared marginal at best...

It's been out of stock quite a bit, but maybe they have the supply issue worked out now. Hopefully we will see a price reduction soon, $99 is still more than I want to pay for the wireless convenience...
did you notice any lag while using bluetooth for android auto in comparison to USB?

· Registered
3 Posts
Full disclosure - this thread came up in a google search while searching for alternatives to add CarPlay / Android Auto to a 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum that's owned by a family member (senior citizen). Joined NM.org as an attempt to contact Xanavi.net (Vlad) as initial attempts to contact via WhatsApp / Instagram were not successful, however read in one of the threads here that Facebook Messenger is where they were able to reach him. Tried that and Vlad responded in a few days. Missed out on the Black Friday sale he was offering, but was able to obtain the needed information and thought I'd wait until X'mas to see if another sale would pop up.

I Paypal'd him the cash around Christmas (sale did happen) and from then on the response times were quick. He sent the image file via email and I was able to burn it onto a 64 GB SD card (overkill as the OEM factory SD was only 16 GB and image file was 20 GB). The Mac instructions were not elaborate (the link to the image burning software needs to be updated as well), but was able to get this done successfully.

Once the SD card with the image file was used to update the firmware, a screen with a QR code came up. However, since the SD card would need to be updated with the license key file (using the .dat file that's generated and placed on the SD card during the firmware update process) that Vlad has to provide, taking the SD card out of the vehicle caused the cameras to not show up on the screen. This caused a minor inconvenience as the owner freaked out a bit since he was super reliant on it. Again, Vlad emailed back within a day and once the license key was loaded onto the SD card and placed into the vehicle, everything worked as normal.

Will monitor usage and report here if any issues arise down the line (do not expect any since people have used this upgrade for a while now and no issues have been raised). Went ahead and got the wireless Android Auto Motorola dongle and will see how this all works. Thanks again to Xanavi.net for providing this solution.

Font Display device Electronic device Multimedia Rectangle

· Registered
60 Posts
did you notice any lag while using bluetooth for android auto in comparison to USB?
No lag in anything compared to wired. The Motorola MA1 functions as if my phone was hard wired.
But I'm not completely sure what you're asking here about Bluetooth but if I have to guess, you think wireless Android Auto uses Bluetooth. That's not the case. While Bluetooth is used initially to pair with the dongle, it is then switched over to Wi-Fi. In fact, you won't be able to use wifi once you are connected. This is not a feature of the Motorola MA1. This is simply how wireless Android Auto was designed to work. Bluetooth just doesn't have enough bandwidth.

· Registered
2016 Nissan Murano Platinum
1 Posts
Hi I got this software for my wife for her birthday which was in November and everything went smoothly. She's been using it on her 2016 Nissan Muranso since and really loves it. There is one issue though and it was addressed earlier in the thread but apparently still seems to be a problem as least for me and that is the Sirius XM antenna issue. When attempting to choose Sirius it says Antenna can't be found. I've been meaning to ask about this since November but kept forgetting. Does anyone know what the solution is. Initially it says it was a firmware issue but in the thread it says it was corrected. The discussion takes place back in 2021 so I would only assume that I would have the new firmware version since I purchased in November 2022. Any help that can be provided either by the developer or the group would be much appreciated! Thanks Eric

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey there all. Just wanted to confirm that the Xanavi Android Auto firmware flash works. I was so pissed when I learned that Nissan added Android Auto to the Murano line starting in 2018, after I bought my friends 2017.5 Murano Platinum. Granted, they added CarPlay, but I'm not a fan of Apple. Came across this thread after looking at a lot of aftermarket head unit replacements, and was surprised that Xanavi was just offering a firmware update. Decided to take the plunge and reached out to them over Facebook Messenger. After chatting with them a bit, I dropped the Pay Pal payment and he emailed me the .img file for the flashcard, took about 20 minutes or so to flash the card. Then I followed the installation instructions sent with the file. The firmware does backup your initial firmware install so you can go back later if you want. The firmware installation generates a .dat file that you need to send back to them for a license key, but once that key file is on the card, just pop it in and Android Auto runs. Seriously, I do not understand why Nissan didn't do this on their own, but I just spent the last half hour using it and it works perfectly. I would suggest this as an option if you have the money to drop. I've attached some pictures of it running on my car. View attachment 55203 View attachment 55204 View attachment 55205
what file do you send back?

121 - 140 of 141 Posts