Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think of putting a xbox 360 on their mo?

is it same procedure to put the first gen of xbox?
(using generator's)

it's soooooooo tempting...

·
4,601 Posts
I'm having a hard time getting one in the first place. And if you want one, the early ones are the ones to buy, I understand, because the chips were rushed and they didn't lock out extra capabilities it has. Next rev of production will have the extra features locked down.

Now, what they are, I haven't found out yet. But this was told to me by an employee at one of the parts suppliers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
jaak~ if you ever get any additional info on the features lock-out let me know. This is the first I've heard of it.

I have one from the earliest batches available (I know because we distribute them to resellers for Microsoft) so I'd bet I have an early chip.

BTW~ Our retail customer backorders were about 40K units and our initial shipment from MS was less than 4000 units. These things are going to be extremely hard to get before January, that is for sure.

·
4,601 Posts
I'll see what I can find out...

From what I gather, they're not capabilities that would be seen in the standard Xbox 360 environment, but if you were to hack the hardware for other purposes, the early ones will have more capability. Might be an interesting find for those that like to put Linux on things.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
i got one .... and sold it.... ehehehehehe...

some crazy dudes who can spend 1200 bucks for a 400 dollar piece of $#!~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts