Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have any info on setting-up xenon headlamps? I ask for two reasons. 1 - my left and right beams cut out at different distances, the left being a little shorter. This doesn't seem right... 2 - I get this feeling like they're pointed too low and that they don't light the way far enough ahead of me. From what I remember of my olf halogens I could see further - not nearly as clear as the xenons (they're awesome!), but further ahead. I know you want to prevent blinding those ahead of you, but they don't come high up at all, even on the smallest cars. Just wondering if there's some optimal distance ahead of you at which they should cut. 50 feet, 100 feet?

Other than this, which really isn't a problem, I love the car! I'm always looking for excuses to go out for a drive!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the adjustable type, and they are set at 0, i.e. for normal driving. I can only adjust them lower. Again, it's just a feeling I have. They could be set up perfectly, right height, etc. for all I know.

If anyone else has xenons out there - at what distance do your beams cut out?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i am not sure exactly how far my beams go before they cut out,
but my left is a little lower than my right, and it makes sense.
that way you are less likely to blind an oncoming car, and you can see the side of the road, and more pedestrians, deer, whatever that way.

i saw info about this on another forum, and the consensus is that it is intentional.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my girlfriends car has halogens, and i don't notice a difference, if anything she says mine are brighter and better, she never noticed them shorter either, so if they are, it must not be by much.

so i geuss my real answer is, i don't know, and i can't tell,
i hope that kida helps. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a while since I drove a car with halogens... Let me be more accurate - it's been a while since I drive any car at night. Where I am it gets dark around 11:00pm, and I don't do a whole lot of driving at that time.

I'll have to do a comparison. My inlaws have a new 4Runner, similar size vehicle (little bigger) but with halogens.

I must say though, when the high beams go on, the whole road lights up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Xenon

My right and left don't quite line up either so I agree - must be intentional. I keep them on 0 so they project further. Seems adequate. One more notch would be nice. As for the high beams, holy cow! Seems like the high beams light up half the East Coast. The high beams seem to project a little high if left on 0. Would be very nice for spotting owls in trees.

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
I think I read, on the other site, that the driver's headlight is aimed lower than the passenger to prevent blinding oncoming drivers.

I wonder when did they start this? I don't HIDs on mine and I pulled up to a garage yesterday and noticed that they weren't even.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts