Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an XM Roady 2 radio for Christmas, and I was wondering if there is a cleaner way to install it. it's currently on an adapter that fits into one of the AC vents on the dash. I couldn't find any other place to mount it or use the other mounting system. It works fine there, but I hate the three wires hanging out and snaking down the side of the dash and along the edge of the footwell. (I am using the tape option).
Is there a better way to use this that won't cost a bundle? Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
rrenner

Here is what I did .

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! How?!

How are you running the wiring? Is this possible when you are using the tape deck to run it? That's a very clean installation.

·
4,994 Posts
rrenner

I use the PAC AAI-NIS, unit from Pacific Audio Components Which plays thru the Mo sound system. you can get it here,

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/aai.htm
Scroll down to see it.
There are a number of places on the web, e-Bay etc. to buy it around $80.

It you look carefully you can see the wires running upward on the left and then over the headliner and across and finally down the "A" pillar and across the lower part of the dash to the inputs of the PAC unit. The Roady2 is held with Velcro so no permanent holes etc. GRIP :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pics

Hey All. I had the XM Commander (XM-RVR-FM-001) installed last fall and promptly signed up for two years of XM service! Best thing I ever did...

Mine is a smaller unit, but the guys at my custom shop did a great job installing it just behind the seat heater/mirror adj buttons in the center console. It's a bit on the low side, so I have to be careful not to play with changing stations in heavy traffic.

It has a great remote that I keep in the 'cell phone' holder next to the gear shifter. The remote comes in handy when I want to scroll thru channels without bothering to look down... Just have to get used to the station guide.

Pics below (I hope, first time trying to post).

Attachments

·
4,994 Posts
lilbit_cmm

I like that also Neato. GRIP :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another interesting option

I do use the remote in the car - since I placed mine in the air vent to the right of the center console, it's a bit of a reach otherwise.
I like your installation! Thanks for the input.

·
4,994 Posts
lilbit_cmm

One thing I llike about our installation's it that we can see the Stock ticker tape running across the bottom. Grip :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts