Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Muranos!
Part of my 2006 SL AWD salesman's pitch was that "It DOES HAVE XM radio."(I swear - a verbatim quote - I have a witness). In fact he later told me by phone that to proceed with my XM subscription, just look for a SAT button.(it doesn't exist) then later told me to just press RADIO-AM-FM and then 'SAT' would appear on the dash Nav/Info screen.
When no SAT appeared, I went to the dealership and was told by another salesman "Oh! NO; it's only PRE_WIRED for XM! You must [now] pay $350.00-$400.00 for the receiver(antenna?) installation".
-Any thoughts/advice? To save money would you trust an aftermarket car audio shop to do the install? Is the dash, etc. too complicated to trust with anyone other than the dealership? Will a car audio shop screw with the warranty?
-THANKS-

·
Registered
37 Posts
i was told same thing when bought mine

I was told same thing in 03 when I bought mine. Oh - all you have to do is call up xm radio, give them the numbers on your radio and pay the 10$ a month - your ready to go.

What a crock.

XM told me also I needed to get a reciever - but not 300$ - more like a 50 to 75$ part. My husband has xm in his honda and he paid 50$ for his part and the wire plus antenna.

I just havent seen the need to get it yet.....

good luck!

Wish sales men would learn what they are selling.....

Crunch

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also from Maryland and was told by multiple dealers that the Murano included XM radio. It wasn't until I was on the Nissan web site that it said it was an option and that your vehicle had to be pre-wired from the factory in order to have the xm option....which I think it means it is intergrated into the navigation screen and no external device is needed. My last car was an Acura TSX with Navi and had Best Buy install XM with an external device and I was completely unhappy with it, I felt that the sound on both the XM and reg radio sounded awful...as with cd's. I also hated where they put the device. I paid the xtra 400 just to have peace of mind that the people digging back in the dash were cerified Nissan techs and not Joe the 18year old with his new job of the week. I hope this helps!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS

Thanks Drea217,
I'd say you're absolutely right.
So I am going to cough up the cash for the Certified Nissan dealer's shop. After spending over 40k for my extremely-loaded Murano, I'm not going to take on extra worry and possible damage to save a (comparative) few bucks.
Although I LOVE XM radio, I hated the outboard application AND sound of my Roady2 in other vehicle(s); so with an adapter kit I use that indoors now.
I guess Murano dealers won't be straight-up PRE-SALE about XM's real & true state of being in the vehicle as long as potent sales pitch ambiguity continues to make it a strong selling point.
-Cupido-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts