Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won the XM unit sold by someone on this site.

I installed it this evening. It replaced my Delfi unit.

I used the Delfi antenna, now the display reads "Antenna" when it's at rest.

If I push a button I get the other information to display, but after 10 seconds of no activity it goes back to "Antenna"

What's up with that.

Also I don't like the way it displays the part of the name. it default back to channel name everytime I turn off the key!!!!

This stinks!!!

I had the song Name, Artist, Stock reports, scrolling by if I please, all for $49.

I spend $240 and get ONLY the first 10 digits the name or title! No better than a 1980's Motorola Pager!

If I had know that this would be a step back I wouldn't have spend the money!!

Ken D.

·
4,601 Posts
Your antenna connection is wrong if you get that message.

If you have two connectors, you need both hooked up. If your antenna has one, there's a splitter you need to use that goes from the single antenna to the pair.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Like he said, most likely your delphi unit had only one antenna input and you'll need to get a splitter.

At first I felt the same way regarding the title defaulting back to one line and showing only 10 digits, but I got over it. I like the fact that I don't have something not OEM cluttering up the dash. I still have the skifi2 in the wife's car (my daily commuter) though...just because it wasn't XM ready.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the splitter and it is in, I will re-set the plugs to make sure there is a good connection.

Can someone confirm that this should/has/is working with one of the stock delfi antennas....

As for the limited display!

Well tell nissan I think:

It's total cr....

Bad enginee......

Old Techno.....

Lack of Detai......

Driver comfor.......

Ken D.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
kdesvern-

Excellent! :2: I like how you voiced your complaint.

-njjoe

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, the limited text sucked from day one. The radio can handle many more characters, it's the XM receiver design that's the problem.

The Sirius receiver gives you more characters, including Howard Stern and Martha Stewart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, if you're really dissatisfied, some of us are looking for a deal on a factory XM tuner, harness, and maybe antenna.
:) Just let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts