Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Calgary, AB ... Canada for those who are not sure. ;)

I am picking up a 05 SE Murano tomorrow and thinking of putting in the Sat radio after the fact. But have been reading some other forums that people say Sirius has some audio quality problems.

Do any of you know of reception problems with either of the Sat compaines? Ether in Can or US.

Thanks.

Dean

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after reading that ... I was not aware that they might need repeater stations for quality .... that is very interesting. I think I will wait 6 months or so and see if the mountian highways have reception. As that was one of the main reasons for getting Sat radio and for the Murano. Lots of skiing!

-d

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the OEM Sirus version in my MO and have traveled across BC and Alberta without any problems. I love it. It is rare that I tune into anything else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Drewmyster ... just as I was telling my self that I didn't need to buy yet one more thing ... I get some information that "yes indeed" it will work like you want it to.

Drewmyster ... did you install it yourself or did you get it done from factory?

Cheers.

-d

·
4,601 Posts
I've been in the shadow of a mountain in Vermont with XM and in the cities in Canada it's a problem as well. (Until they put in repeaters. )

But overall, I'd be surprised if you found it to be a real issue in the Rockies.

Which one's better? Well, this one is, then you drive over there and that one is...

Both services are legal in Canada now, so pick the one that has the programming you want and go for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered it through Grubbs and used JAAks great instructions. It wasn't to bad at all. The biggest decision you will have to make is whether you want the antenna hidden in you hatch or mounted on the roof. I chose the roof in hopes of a little better reception. I can't tell you if it really makes much of a difference.

·
4,601 Posts
The only time it really makes a difference is in marginal reception areas where you can't directly see the satellite and you're scraping for refracted and reflected signals to get the info. Under bridges, under thick foliage, that kind of thing.

If it doesn't bother you on the roof, it's the best place. If you want to try it in the hatch and you're happy with the performance, then stick with it.

The first week or so, I had my antenna stuck to the metal crossbar inside that the trunk cover is in, until I finally got it on the roor. It worked, but wasn't quite as good as the roof in marginal areas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts