Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people that have satellite radio, why did you choose one over the other? I am trying to descide which one to get. I know that XM is $9.99 a month and Sirius is a little more for $12.95 which is commercial-free.

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
202 Posts
For me, it really boiled down to programming. I compared the programming offered by XM against that offered by Sirius. For my tastes, XM won hands down over Sirius. My favorite forms of music are jazz/blues and very very very oldies (40s and 50s music), and XM has a much better selection. After getting XM activated, I discovered that one of my favorite radio talk show hosts broadcasts his daily morning drive show on one of the XM channels on a tape-delayed basis (same day, just a few hours later), so that was a bonus. XM's not perfect, though. I wish it had the NPR feed that Sirius has, and I also wish it had a channel devoted to more "liberal" talk show hosts as Sirius does. But, even with those deficits, XM still won out. All I can say is to check out the programming and go for what you think you will enjoy the most. Also, you can go to the web sites for XM and Sirius and preview their offerings. Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll love satellite radio! :2:

Jeff

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do any of the XM chans broadcast Rush Limbough or Sean Hannity? I do enjoy them, but AM reception tends to be funky.

·
Registered
74 Posts
NM, they carry WABC, as does Sirius. Sirius also has Fox News.

Sirius, radio for the right! ;-) lol

Sirius has a better selection of electronica and dance music, and being commercial free is a big thing too. I suppose I'll order my Sirius tuner from Grubbs, is that the cheapest place to get it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
timb said:
Do any of the XM chans broadcast Rush Limbough or Sean Hannity? I do enjoy them, but AM reception tends to be funky.
Rush Limbaugh doesn't broadcast on satellite radio, as far as I know. XM does carry Sean Hannity on its ABC News channel. XM also has Fox News, CNBC, CNN, and Bloomberg, if you're a news/talk/financial junkie!

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts