Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place to get a kit, if it comes prewired. i want to get one but dont know just what to buy. thanks

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Do you want the factory option or aftermarket? If factory option try Grubbs (suggest you do a search in these forums) if aftermarket Best Buy sells the XM Roady2, GRIP :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is one question i wanted to ask. which is the best and cleanest install. after i posted i went back and did a search for the price for the grubbs system. does Clarion, or anyone else make one. just dont want to mess up and get something crappy. also i hear Sirius is the better of the two. thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
The factory receiver from Grubbs will be the cleanest install - totally integrated with the stock radio, no aftermarket boxes, etc hanging around in the cabin in the way.

Which to choose, XM or Sirius, I believe is a personal choice. I would check both and choose based on programming. I chose Sirius as they offer more NPR stations than XM.

I also heard that Sirius works better in the northern regions than XM due to placement of their Satellites, but I have no actual proof of that.

·
4,994 Posts
I chose XM, Check out differences in on screen display. Pnce you chode don't forget to use the free sign up code, Do a forum search. I also chose aftermarket, because I wanted a IPod Aux in also. But that was my personal reason. Might be worth checking your dealer for the unit price also. GRIP :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Grubbs right now has the OEM kit for the Murano for $284, not including harness or antenna. If you've got an '04 you don't need to harness, more info to be found on that elsewhere in these threads. As for XM/Sirius, I'm probably going to go with Sirius because the display shows more characters, I think I've seen in these forums that the XM is limited to 8 characters, whereas the Sirius display goes across the whole screen....

·
4,994 Posts
XM Shows running stock ticker across botom of screen and I get more than 8 Characters of info. Check out both Sirus and XM web sites for bet info. If you go XM don't forget the free signup do a search on this forum. GRIP :D

·
4,601 Posts
Don, you get that because you don't have the OEM receiver... And it's a separate display, right?

Yes, the Sirius receiver has more characters sent to the display. The head unit and display support it, but for some reason the Clarion OEM version of XM for Nissan, doesn't.

·
4,994 Posts
JAAK AS USUAL YOU ARE CORRECT!!! I have the XM Roady2 with the rear mounted PAC Aux in Courtesy of YOU! Thanks for the info and letting me know. I sure do like the ticker. GRIP :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts