Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're working on making it real... The studio's being set up in Toronto. This should greatly improve content of XM here, which is currently limited in it's musical scope.

http://www.cdnsatrad.com/news07222005.php

If you are interested in becoming one of the first Canadians to receive this exciting new commercial-free music and entertainment service, we'd like to hear from you!

Please give us your name, email and phone number (if desired) in order to be eligible to receive a monthly subscription discount specially reserved for our first group of early adopters.
Go to www.xmradio.ca to register.

(I've not seen similar action from Sirius yet.)

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my understanding it will be the same satellites, but a slightly different channel lineup, to include Canadian based services and content.

I'm at the point where I'd probably sell my XM receiver, as I've been disappointed lately with the music selection (or lack of...) But I'm going to hold on to it, to try the Canadian service. If that one's weak as well, I will just bail on the whole thing and plug in my Ipod.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I wonder if they will have "deals" like they did in the US. I activated mine less than a month ago for $77 for a one year subscription with no activation fee!

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure they're aware of many, many Canadians that have subscribed through friends, relatives, etc. This is the perfect place to start. Encourage them to switch and you've already got a jump on subscription numbers. Then there's all the people wanting it, that don't have a means to get it.

Justification of the expense of setting up services and paying the rent on the location in Toronto, would be a good reason to do just that. Build the subscriber base as fast as you can...

We'll see how it goes!

At least this will mean the dealers, once somebody tells them, will no longer have to make up stories about the SAT button. (Isn't that what you push on Saturday to make sure you Murano's clock is still running fast?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts