Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago my XM radio stopped working, I now get a message "NO SIGNAL" alll the time. And no, it's not that there are any obstructions, this problem exists under all conditions. Any ideas what the problem might be?

·
4,601 Posts
If the antenna goes open, it will tell you "NO ANTENNA". "NO SIGNAL" means exactly that, so either the antenna has failed or the RF part of your receiver has failed.

If you can drop in to a place that sells antennas, do so and tell them you're considering one, but you'd like to try it first by just plugging it in and resting it on the roof.

If your XM comes back, you know the problem, and they've just made an antenna sale. If not, I'd be talking to the people you bought it from, about warranty replacement of the receiver.

Oh, and Gonzo's right, check the connections first, and also check that the antenna cable has not been crushed somewhere. That will trash your signal too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

The issue was with the antenna connection. Glendale Heights Nissan replaced the antenna with a brand new one at no charge. The service department at GH Nissan has always taken good care of my Murano, even though I bought it at their sister store.

·
4,601 Posts
Excellent! There's another good dealer... (they do exist) and that you're back in action. So far, everyone of these that I recall, has been the antenna. Some receivers seem to suffer from an eternal "LOADING" on occasion, but no other faults seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts