Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on the fresh alloy forums that a lot of people are having issues with the XM display staying on "loading" until you turn off the murano and turn it back on. Are any people here having that issue as well? My MO is at Grubbs for the weekend and will get XM installed on Monday.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jonathan_dfw, as I posted on the FA site, I've had the "loading" problem only once in the six weeks since my XM tuner was installed, and it hasn't come back. You're in good hands with the Grubbs folks. They're on top of this problem, and they'll exchange your tuner if it happens to be one that's defective.

Enjoy your satellite radio! :2:

Jeff

·
4,664 Posts
I saw it happen a couple of times in the first week, but not at all since. I even wonder if it's just a hiccup until all the service data gets loaded in the receiver. It was easy to fix when it happened. Just turn off the radio and turn it back on. Really tough, requires no tools!

·
4,664 Posts
You can't.

I bought a receiver for an FX (Because it came with a short harness I was going to modify) and got a hold of a harness for a CD changer for an older Nissan. I figured out how to wire it up, then told everyone in the FA Murano section that it worked and posted a picture of it in action.

I started to work on making harnesses, and a week later, Nissan decided to release their harness. I have been told by two people who know, that it was a reaction to what I did. They realised, I'd be selling harnesses, if they didn't.

I've been talking recently to a guy who's got a PhatBox working in his Infiniti. That's promising for anyone who wants one in their Murano! It should be possible to have both SAT and a PhatBox or CD Changer or DVD changer connected at the same time.

Oh, wait, the 2003 Murano doesn't have SAT...

That's why there's a screen for SAT and a screen for an external changer in the radio's diagnostics section, right?:D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
So would this mean that I could take the MO to a Nissan Dealer and have them install the Nissan harness and install a receiver and I'm good to go?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey jacck,

I'm new to this SAT stuff.

Aside from installing a receiver, don't you need a subscription to receive the signal? How does one go about getting this service in Canada?

·
4,664 Posts
Presently you can not get the service in Canada, but XM is applying to do so.

However, someone who is a US resident that subscribes and drives up here, will still have it working. Radio Waves ignore political borders.

Do you have any family or friends in the US that want to subscribe and let you listen to their receiver?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts