Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
There would always be the option for someone who plans on putting a better audio system in their vehicle anyway to install a new headunit. Then they'd be able to use a tuner that is controlled by the new headunit. Of course you'd lose the radio/CD/Tape display in the LCD but that may not be that important to someone in search of better quality audio. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love to be the bearer of conflicting information....NOT!!!

I just spoke with a Clarion customer service rep and she said that the XM module for our vehicle is ready and that it is up to Nissan to approve distribution of the product for dealer installation.

Now the ball is back into Nissan's court.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So now Nissan Customer Service states that it's actually a problem with determining how the module and kit will be installed. Supposedly the Nissan engineers are working to solve the problem and we'll all hear from our dealers when a kit is ready. ....like sands through and hour glass....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shouldn't you be able to buy the add on from Clarion? That excuse from teh customer service department sounds like bs to me. Either they dont know what's going on, or they are trying to monopolize that feature and make sure they can only install it, or both.

BTW: I wouldn't trust nissan for any audio stuff. My dad and I asked for a cd changer when he bought his maxima, they installed an rf one when nissan offered an oem one working with the head unit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wandered into a nearby Circuit City yesterday to see (on the off chance) if they had heard anything. While I was there, I asked the install manager if he had heard anything about the sat readiness of the Murano. He asked what the Murano was. :D

He then called his regional rep at Sirius who did some research and told him that the head-unit is Sirius ready and that Clarion plans to release the hardware in early March. The install manager also said something odd about the antenna...he said that since I have the factory nav system installed, they could utilize the existing satellite antenna instead of installing a dedicated sat radio antenna...I don't know if that's true, but it is intriguing.

Still another opinion...:)

BTW, thanks for all the research you've done Taylormade.

·
4,664 Posts
Cough cough cough... FM Modulator??? Cassette??? They really don't want to sell the service, do they... You know that FM receivers are only characterised to go up to 15 KHz.... Cassettes aren't any better.

Not to mention the loss of dynamic range... Did I mention that? I suppose it's fine if you can't notice the difference...

·
Registered
37 Posts
The response to the question of availability of satellite hardware posed this afternoon to one of the largest Nissan parts dealers in the US...

I am told Satellite radio is not available is not going to be in the
foreseeable future. Nissan wants to do it but probably not this year.
Sigh. Who is actually correct? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

·
Registered
1 Posts
xm radio readiness

:? Ok, I'll bite. Since I just discovered this website and just purchased my Murano AND also own a SkyFi (for home) XM receiver, I am MORE than curious about all of the inuendo and rumours regarding satellite in the Murano.

Here's what I still would like to find out: Is there an input (RCA jack) on the back of the head unit that corresponds to the SAT button on my (non-Bose) unit?

I notice that nothing has been posted here for a few months and since early March was one of the promise (lies?) dates thought I'd stir up the cauldron again. Any news, updates, whatever regarding the XM-readiness or availability of add-ons?

I really don't expect to be able to use the Murano display, but if the SkyFi could be simply integrated WITHOUT having to do FM modulation, I would be a happy camper. If not, I'm seriously thinking about replacing the entire sound system.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You should check out www.freshalloy.com. Much more active than this forum and this question has already been addressed there.

No, the head unit does not have RCA inputs for the Sat radio module. There is a thread somewhere here or the other forum with a picture that clearly shows the back of the head unit and the input that will be used by the Sat radio modules. The last information that I heard in this saga, is that Nissan's 1st supplier for the wiring harness that connects the module to the head unit was unable to supply parts that met Nissan's specifications. Supposedly, they're working with Metra to provide the needed harness.

Word has it that the FX will have the sat radio option available at the end of April, so more than likely, it will be available for Nissan shortly after. From what has been rumored as well, there is probably no reason that the FX module will be any different from that for the MO and would be useable.

But who knows? I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Murano Sirius Clarion DSH920S Tuner

I have been told by Sirius that the Clarion DSH920S Tuner will directly connect to the Murano Bose System (with the sat button) through the CeNet connector. YOu would then be able to control the Sat Tuner and use the Murano Display.

Here is the link.

http://www.siriusradio.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1019257316827&si=6_2_1_1&p1=1022012757321

Anybody hear the same, or has attempted to install one?

An antenna will have to be purchased also, as the antenna on the Murano is not for SAT service.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts