Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty then!

So I'm listening to my XM today on the way to work. I'm seeing no artist or song names, so I call up XM and get a radio refresh while I'm waiting in traffic.

Then I power the radio off to save, and put it back on. Still no artist names as yet until I reach over to adjust the bass - soon as I push the Audio knob in then the display fills with detail.

What the fud?

Basically, I find out within a few minutes that:

- Anytime anything is done to the radio, i.e. change to CD and back, or adjust the bass/treble and back, XM will just give you the channel number and nothing else, until you hit the audio knob/button again.

-Once you've done that, you *can't* change channels with the knob, you have to use the seek and scan buttons.

Now, maybe I'm crazy, but this is an awkward way for this to function and it pissed me off. Can it be changed?

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can designate what you want displayed when SAT radio is selected. Press the Audio button several times (4-5 times, I think) until you reach the "Display" option. With the "Display" option showing, turn the Audio knob to select Artist or Title. The default display is the channel number. Once you have the display set to what you want, press the Audio knob once more, and the display should show what you selected. I've got the NAV system, so I'm not sure if the above is exactly how it works for those without the NAV system, but I suspect it's pretty close.

Jeff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But for sat you get artist, title, and station name all at the same time once you push this button. (i don't have Nav though so my whole screen is just for the radio)

Plus, I want CDs and FM to display what they currently do, and I assume a setting change will change it for all modes.

·
4,601 Posts
I haven't checked if it changes the CD setting at the same time, but yeah, you have to push that button everytime you turn on the radio, if you want CH, CH name, Artist and Song all displayed at the same time. Most things you do after that, will only remove the info for a small time period, then it comes back. However, if you flip to another source, or power it off then on, it resets it.

I agree, not the best config, but if you have nav, you can't even do it!

Have you discovered that the channel button on the steering wheel changes groups? Press and hold it. The dumb part is, you can't change channels from the steering wheel, it changes presets, so it's of limited use. But overall, it still works pretty good...

While I'm thinking of it, you can manually scroll CD titles if they are longer than the display. Unfortunately XM didn't provide longer titles. The Murano can take them and it does with Sirius.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts