Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I completed my XM installation on my 03 and I'm loving it. All 18 presets on the Bose are set to XM... and I could use more!

Is there anyway to delete XM categories from the list? With all those stations it would be helpful if they put them in a alphabetical list. Perhaps once I become more familiar with it. At any rate there are some that I will just never use and don't need to scroll/see them when search by category.

Sometimes I do loose the signal and wonder since I mounted the antenna in the hatch if it would be a little better receiption had I mounted it on the roof. I'm tempted to try it there temporarily.

·
4,664 Posts
No, you can't delete categories from the list. (too bad!)

When you lose the signal, look to see if you're next to a building, under dense trees, downtown somewhere, under a bridge...

Think of the XM satellite like a pair of suns, one on the east coast, one on the west coast. If you're in the shadow of both, the receiver has nothing to get, unless there's a local terrestrial repeater around.

So most of the time, it's fine and on occassion it goes away.

There's a fraction of a second delay as well, so you can drive under a double bridge at highway speeds and have the dropout, just after you come out. That's because the data is buffered in the receiver and then spit out as audio a little bit later. It's also why there's a delay when you change channels.

When you're lucky, driving under a bridge, will not have any effect at all, again at highway speeds. Or the quality will degrade a little and come back.

All normal.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was aware to the two SATs, Rock and Roll as they are called. They have about 900 Ter repeaters. I would love to see a signal strenth indication and see what SAT and/or TER reciever I'm getting during my drive. I was thinking about disconnecting the TER side of the splitter just to see how the performance is.

At any rate I'm completely satisfied and enjoy the XM service.

·
4,664 Posts
You can do that. It will give an error message but still work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gonzo said:
Thanks, I was aware to the two SATs, Rock and Roll as they are called. They have about 900 Ter repeaters. I would love to see a signal strenth indication and see what SAT and/or TER reciever I'm getting during my drive. I was thinking about disconnecting the TER side of the splitter just to see how the performance is.

At any rate I'm completely satisfied and enjoy the XM service.
You would probably still get good reception, depending on where you were. I know there were no terrestrial repeaters out in western Texas when I drove from Dallas to Colorado Springs, but I picked up a good signal the whole way. :cool:

·
4,664 Posts
None here either... ;)

Falls apart in downtown Toronto, and under bridges. Also in front of one of my favourite coffee joints, but other than that, works great!

No repeaters here, but the company that designed and made the repeaters, is here. www.uniquesys.com

·
4,664 Posts
Go for a drive with only the terrestrial antenna side connected. I wonder if XM has some directory or mapping of them on their site?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I figured to go with only one connected... I was hoping that someone had a mapping. Probably something that XM (or Sirius) doesn't want to be made public... after all it **IS** SAT radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts