Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Mo Masters:

I need to know what is this Xzilon: Molecular Adhesion? The dealer is selling me this for $299. It promises the "Ultimate Auto Protection"

Should I go for it?

·
5,244 Posts
It is a money maker for the dealer....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Cacique-

This is from the XZILON website:

X-6 XZILON EXTERIOR SEALANT 7OZ
The Ultimate Auto Protection - Xzilon Molecular Adhesion. Reduces frequency of car washing. Filters harmful ultraviolet rays. Five year coverage on new vehicles. Three year coverage on used vehicles. Resists bird dropping and graffiti. Resists water spotting. Resists industrial fallout. Resists rust spots. Resists acid rain. Resists tree sap. Reduces brake dust on wheels. Resists oxidation and fading.

I was unable to locate a price for this item, but assuming it can be no more than $50, that means the dealer is charging you $249 to apply it. And I find it very hard to believe that it will last 5 years without requiring some sort of reapplication by the dealer (more $$).

If it were me, I would pass on it. Spend $85 on a Zaino car care kit and do it yourself at your leisure. You'll save $200 and get the gratification that comes with cleaning and polishing your new car.

However, if you do decide to have the dealer do it, just remember that everything is negotiable.

-njjoe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pass... you really don't want the dealer getting near your finish... been there, done that, got the T-shirt to prove it.

In fact, I wouldn't even let them wash it... if in doubt get them to let you inspect their detail center and then you decide for yourself, but I'll bet you decide "no."

Save even more money and get some Mothers FX SynWax & Spray Wax; or Reflections Car Wax & Top Coat... very easy to use, looks great, holds up good, and is easier on the pocket book than boutique brands.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Jim D. said:
Pass... you really don't want the dealer getting near your finish... been there, done that, got the T-shirt to prove it.

In fact, I wouldn't even let them wash it... if in doubt get them to let you inspect their detail center and then you decide for yourself, but I'll bet you decide "no."
Amen to that.

You might try some Zaino instead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it! Thanks for the quick advise...

I'll check the posting on Zaino to see where I can get it...

Having fun in my Mo,

Cacique:1:

·
Registered
415 Posts
You might also want to try Klasse All in One. It works just as well and is really easy to put on and take off. For an added touch, put on the High Gloss Sealant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts