Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and read on some of the past posts about the PAC unit, and now one person who has used the icelink in conjunction with the PAC. That seems like a slick set-up but is there any any other plug and play product that also delivers charging power to the iPod at the same time?

Also, where can you get a cable that attaches to the iPod and then turns into an RCA to plug into the PAC unit?

Thanks,
Aaron

4g 40gb iPod

·
Registered
46 Posts
An expensive way is :

http://www.densionusa.com/x/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=378&Itemid=82

Use the Docking Cable and the iPod Aux module + Pac-AAI NIS
But then you need a ProClip (or similar) mount

or....
Dennison docking cradle + iPod Aux Module + Pac=AAI NIS

phew

or...
Buy a Belkin in-car charger for $39.00 retail. This uses the docking connector on the iPod. PLUS, it not only has the 12VDC input, but it also utilized the audio line-in cababilities on the iPod bottom docking connector. Use a commonly found stereo mini to twin RCA connecting cable (about $5 at Radio Shack), and the Pac unit...and now wala! Charging iPod AND linein audio on docking connector.

This method, you'll have an $80 Pac, $39 charger, and a $5 cable....

Now you need a mount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's perfect, thanks for the info. I'll look into those options. For a mount, I think I will go with one of the proclip ones. They seem to do a decent job.

Thanks again,
Aaron

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I ordered the ProClip mount that attaches to the passengers side of the dash. I will order the PAC unit and Belkin cable next week.

I like you idea Don but I think I'm too big to have it set up like that. I'm 6'6"+ and 300lbs to the iPod would have to be so far out that it would interfere with the shifter. As it is now, when I'm driving my knee is against the centre console above the load button for the CD player. :eek:

Aaron

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Yo! Aaron

Anyway you want buddy. (suppossed to be a funny) Seriously I do understand. Since my souds are now stored on the X-BOX I moved it to Grippee's Phaeton. GRIP :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts