Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, look! It's YANMO! ;^}

I just picked up an '06 S FWD this morning, merlot metallic with charcoal interior. I looked at a lot of other vehicles and did a lot of research, and am happy to be part of the club here now.

My dealer, Germain Nissan (Columbus, OH) has been great to work with so far. I made the salesman work for this sale. In spite of loving the Murano after the first test drive, I still finished checking out the competition. Nothing else fit my needs/wants as perfectly.

There either has been a change in the production without the Nissan web site getting updated, or I got a nice bonus. My S, with the only option added being the floor mats, has power seats and all six speakers. Since the speakers were the only thing the SL and SE had that I wanted above what the S has (had?), that was a nice bonus. I was all ready to go straight to the parts department to order the dash speakers (thanks to having been lurking here for a week) and found them already in place in mine. My salesman said that all but the very first '06 Ss had come that way. Either way, I am one happy new Murano owner. :2:

BTW, isn't it odd that the spell check here flags Murano as a spelling error?:p

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Congrats

Now you can start modding with a clean piece of paper.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
DeLorean-

Not only did you get a great new ride, it looks like you got a great new ride with a few extras thrown in for free. That's always a nice surprise.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm finding out why folks here seem so passionate about the vehicle. The test drives were great (first one was an SE, then this one), but the more time I'm spending in it the more I'm liking it. I've even got two people I know who are starting to look for new vehicles thinking about getting Muranos. They have been hearing me discuss my shopping process, but actually showing them the vehicle made the biggest impact. I always was drawn to the few I've seen about town, and now am wondering why there aren't more out there.

Since I got the 'extra' two speakers as a bonus, the only two accessories I'm still thinking about are splash guards and a bottle of touch-up paint. I guess I won't get invited to the modder parties...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
DeLorean said:
I'm finding out why folks here seem so passionate about the vehicle. The test drives were great (first one was an SE, then this one), but the more time I'm spending in it the more I'm liking it. I've even got two people I know who are starting to look for new vehicles thinking about getting Muranos. They have been hearing me discuss my shopping process, but actually showing them the vehicle made the biggest impact. I always was drawn to the few I've seen about town, and now am wondering why there aren't more out there.

Since I got the 'extra' two speakers as a bonus, the only two accessories I'm still thinking about are splash guards and a bottle of touch-up paint. I guess I won't get invited to the modder parties...
I picked up a nice touch up paint pen from Courtesy Nissan's website (courtesyparts.com). On the other end of the pen, there is also a clearcoat pen, so you can paint over the nick, and then cover it with a little clearcoat (although I'm sure clear nail polish would also work).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, the S doesn't have the camera. But I got power seats, all 6 speakers and the alarm as bonuses. I can't complain.

Thanks for the tip on the touch-up paint, though I already ordered a bottle from my dealer. It was less than $5, so not too big a deal.

I'm enjoying my Murano more each day, even though I've only been doing the work commute so far. I may be having one problem, my odometer seems to be showing doubled mileage (it shows I've put on about 100 miles per day, about twice my round trip commute). I'm seeing about 21 MPG on the fuel econ. screen, which isn't bad for break-in with the 87 the dealer filled it with at delivery (salesman offered a refill of premium when I pointed out the recommendation, I'll take him up on that...).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
DeLorean-

I have heard of overly optimistic odometers before, but not one that doubles the mileage!! If that's the case, I wouldn't put too much faith in the MPG readings. Either way, I would let the dealer know ASAP. And if it turns out the odometer is wrong, I would have them reset it and document the problem in writing. Not only is your MO depreciating faster than normal but the warranty period is disappearing faster.

-njjoe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I learned something new, there are actually four trip odometers and I had only reset two of them. The odometer is reading correctly, the loose nut behind the wheel was the problem... :1pat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts