1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
719 Posts
My youngest son's name is Joshua and for a recent school project, he had to do a report on a National Park. His selection naturally was Joshua Tree, which until the report, I was completely unaware that it existed.

Pretty interesting report that would have been a lot better with some of your pictures.

Very nice.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Great pictures! Absolutely gorgeous!

·
5,268 Posts
MightyMO,

you killing me with these pics!!!!!!!!!! They all make me go West...........hope one day I will take a trip like this........

Great pics...........keep posting

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the pics came out great, I couldn't be happier, but I need to add a little more write-up I guess... The Mo handled the pavement free portions great. Most of the trails there are sandy bulldozer tracks and easy as can be, you just need to keep your eyes open for the occasional loose rock and stay away from the desert brush on the sides.

When I headed into the mountains on Old Dale Road exploring old abandoned mines, things got rocky with huge ruts and rocks in the road. I could dance back and forth strategically placing my tires to straddle the worst parts, but eventually I had to give up and turn back. The under side of the Mo is not armored, especially the rear suspension and diff, so I was unwilling to just crash through and risk grounding the undercarriage and busting something important.

I'm planning to go back this Saturday to attack Old Dale Road from the other side (East, from Highway 62, which bypasses the mountain climbing) and actually try to find the abandoned town of Dale, so probably more pics to come in due course. If anybody out there in the LA area has an AWD and is willing to get up early Sat and burn the day in the desert send me a note ASAP.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Man that sounds like fun! PA people need to do this. We need to go someplace exotic...like Erie!

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Wow, MightyMo, they really were just gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing. I'm speechless!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts