Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post 2 photos of my PAC install. I haven't seen any one use this space yet and thought I would share.

I wrapped the unit in foam and placed some foam tape around the wires to help insure against any annoying rattles.

With the foam on, it wedges in between the heater duct and a wire harness. Its held in solid.

I like this install because it stealth and easy to access if needed.

Attachments

·
I know, I know, pull over
72 Posts
huh... I like it. The PAC doesn't generate any heat, does it? That would be my only concern...

I mounted mine under the glove box with double-sided 3M tape...

·
4,601 Posts
The Pac doesn't generate much heat, because there's nothing significant to do that, in there...

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
space behind the h/u

I seem to always be doing something then worry because mine is slightly different from others..... so here it is....

I only removed the covers around the h/u and slid the unit out. when I removed the h/u, I found a small slot of space that is behind and jsut below the h/u. So I simply dropped the pac there. Then the H/U did require a slight effort to slide completely back in.... but I can't tell if it is the cables or the pac getting in the way...

has anybody else placed their pac in that same slot (just behind and below the h/u)? will this setup create pressure on the harnesses and cause them to bend/break/get loose (really can't see behind it once I start pushing the h/u back into place)?

thanks...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw, and thought about using that space as well. I chose to not use that space for 2 different reasons. First is that I intend to hook up my XM to the second input and didn't want to take the radio out a second time to do so. Ill I have to do is remove the kick panel to make changes.

The 2nd reason was due to cooling. I wasn't worried about the PAC but about the **possibility of restricting the airflow to the radio and other electronic units all crammed into that small space. I like to use foam to keep those little annoying rattles away and didn't want to restrict the airflow in the rear of the unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts