Nissan Murano Forum banner

Yo.

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mgthe3 
#1 ·
Nobody has been here in a while..

anyhow.. i'm in a 2006 (S) black on black .. hanging around Alpharetta, Canton and everywhere in between..

I have only seen a few 06's on the street.. so far.. mostly black ones tho !

I'll get the front tints done first, then wheels next year.

I can't decide what to do about the stereo tho..

#3 ·
Ye, you are right.......though I see at least 4 parked in my workplace. One even gold like mine! And plenty of them in Alpharetta and North of Alpharetta...

#5 ·
jayaj said:
I try to wave on the street to passing ones ya know like you might on a motorcycle... most of the local MO drivers are stiffs.... So if you see me waving, flash me a peace sign.
Done!

#6 ·
Come on guys, if you're in GA, it's 'Hey', not 'Yo'.
I lived in Roswell/Alpharetta for 10 years ('91-'01') before making my way back up to the North East.
How's the traffic treating you? At least you've got a sweet ride to chill out in as 6 lanes goes nowhere.
Peace

#7 ·
Hey! FYI

yo

In tha English language, yo has become a common interjection that originated decades ago in a dialect spoken in the Philadelphia area. It is often interchangeable with the word "hey," as in "Yo, what's up?" or, "Yo! Wait for me!" While the word can also stand alone as a greeting, like the word "hey," it also has a wide range of meanings that depend on the tone, context, and situation in which it is used. Examples:

If someone is bothering another person, "Yo!" becomes the equivalent of saying "Hey! Stop it," or "Knock it off!"
If someone accidentially bumps into another person, the expression "Yo!" could be interpreted as "Hey! Watch it," or "What in the world!"
If someone did something that amazes or shocks another person, the word yo is like laughing or an expression of amazement.
In more recent times the word has spread into hip-hop or gangsta culture. A parody of such usage forms the basis for a comic exchange between the animated characters played by Robert DeNiro and Martin Scorsese (Shark Tale, 2004), which can be viewed here. The word's origin predates these recent uses, as is evidenced by the words of Rocky Balboa (played by Sylvester Stallone).

"Yo, Adrienne, it's me, Rocky..." Rocky Balboa (Rocky, 1976)

"Yo, Adrienne. We did it!" Rocky Balboa (Rocky II, 1979)

During the late 1990s / early 2000s, the word became very popular in rap songs, often chanted in the background between lines, tying in with the hip-hop and gangsta theme.

Korean Americans also use the term as an expression for disbelief; e.g., "Yoooooo...."

Although the exact uses are debatable, "yo" was first known to be used as a Middle English interjection. For the most part, 'yo' was used to call attention or express excitement, much like "hey". "Yo" was used frequently in certain Philadelphia dialects in the 1970s, but was more prevalently used as a greeting by infantry men in the second World War.

#8 ·
well, i tell you the funniest story, although it has no relation to this thread but didnt want to create another thread just because....

yesterday on my way back from picking my daughter from baby sitter, i was stopped at a red light and another silver MO just came and stopped next to me.. i looked into it and a old couple was in there.... and the moment thje light turned green to turn left, the old lady gave me a finger. and i was all like :eek:

what did i do to piss her off that bad..... (except for a good car wash at home and waxing my MO, tires and clean interior...)

i told my wife and she laughed off like crazy that the old lady might have a beef with me and wanted to race.......

#9 ·
Yo??? :8:

#10 ·
Yo Don, sup with dat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.