Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard today that GM might be recalling 600,000 Durangos.... apparently they are having some minor issues with the front wheels falling off!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I love it where they said the mechanic should be able to spot the problem during routine mataintance, Two comments, 1. Not if they were hired from Pinnacle Nissan and 2. DUH!

GRIP :d

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not to nit pick, but GM does not own DaimlerChrysler products, DaimlerChrysler does. But yea that sucks, I liked the Durango too.

Here is who owns who, FYI:

BMW owns:
-BMW
-Mini
-Rolls Royce

Daimler/Chrysler owns:
-AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)
-Chrysler
-Dodge
-Eagle (brand discontinued)
-Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
-Jeep
-Maybach
-Mercedes-Benz
-Mitsubishi (Daimler/Chrysler owns 37%)
-Plymouth (brand discontinued)
-Smart

Fiat owns:
-Alfa Romeo
-Ferrari
-Fiat
-Lancia
-Maserati

Ford owns:
-Aston Martin
-Ford
-Jaguar
-Land Rover (bought from BMW)
-Lincoln
-Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)
-Mercury
-Volvo cars

Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
-Subaru

General Motors owns:
-Buick
-Cadillac
-Chevrolet
-Daewoo (GM owns 44%)
-Fiat (GM owns ~20%)
-Fuji Heavy Industries (GM owns ~20%)
-GMC
-Holden
-Hummer
-Isuzu (GM only owns a percentage)
-Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
-Opel
-Pontiac
-Saab
-Saturn
-Subaru (GM owns 20%)
-Suzuki (GM only owns a small percentage)
-Vauxhall

Honda owns:
-Acura
-Honda

Hyundai owns:
-Hyundai
-Kia

Nissan owns:
-Infiniti
-Nissan
-Renault (Nissan owns 15%)

PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:
-Citroen
-Peugeot

Porsche is an independent company (they do work very closely with VW, however)

Renault owns:
-Nissan (Renault owns 44%)

Toyota owns:
-Lexus
-Scion
-Toyota

Volkswagen owns:
-Audi
-Bentley
-Bugatti
-Lamborghini
-SEAT
-Skoda
-Volkswagen

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wouldn't it make sense that VW owns porsche considering the t-reg and cayenne are made off the same chassis and they share a huge # of parts?

·
5,100 Posts
I get to say this being part german. The phrase goes, "You can always tell a German, just can't tell them much"

·
Registered
50 Posts
crew219 said:
Wouldn't it make sense that VW owns porsche considering the t-reg and cayenne are made off the same chassis and they share a huge # of parts?
VW doesn't need to spend the money to buy Porsche as they have a family connection and a long history?
Fredinand Porsche designed the original beetle and after WWII he started his own company. Now, his grandson (Ferdinand Piech) just took over as the head of the board of directors at VW after being the CEO for a number of years.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Is that the turn up the hill with the reverse camber?

What were you driving?

Homer

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, uphill righthander at the end of the pit straight. E Production Datsun 2000 I had at the time [Nissan Motorsports]. Quick nudge on the brakes with simultaneous downshift from fifth to fourth, get the car turned in and back on the gas before the apex for the uphill, then the left rear axle broke right at the apex. Car was a writeoff but sold the fresh motor and close ratio tranny [unobtanium] for more than I'd paid for the whole car and spares a few years prior. Changed to GT3 so I could run a tubeframe car with a full floater rear end--didn't want that to happen again. But I was never more fond of another car than I was of that roadster...... :eek:

·
5,100 Posts
Sounds like the "heel of the Boot" left turn at SCCA Marlboro where I lost it, in my "Serbring Sprite" back in 1960 or there abouts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts