Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put Zaino today. Yesterday, washed the car and put one coat Z2 and one Z5. Today added two more Z5 and used the gloss enhancer............I am very happy with the results.........

see here: Zaino

The pictures do not really show the true results..........

PS. Effect was so good that I was told: FX next, even though the FX looks like that: FX

D

·
0 Posts
Nice pics Kris. It finally warmed up enough in North Jersey to spend some time with my MO. Like you I went with Zaino. Washed with dawn and used the clay bar. I was nervous using the clay bar at first, but is really is a breeze to use. Kept it wet with a mixture of water and Z-7. I applied 2 coats of Z-5 and Z-6. Both were very easy to use and looked great. I added another layer today and finished the interior. It looks GREAT!! Going cruising tomorrow.
ps. I think my wife is getting jealous

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Dapping said:
ps. I think my wife is getting jealous
Carefull, bud. They start to get a little upset when they realize you'd rather spend time with your car than with them... ;)

~ Corin

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kris

Looks really good. I have been using Klasse. Did you clay your ride before using the Zaino? I haven't used the clay yet and I am going to have to start over because I've got white particles, dust , and water spots buried under the layers of Klasse.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I did. I have clay bar but did not have time to make use of it............maybe next time..........

·
Registered
466 Posts
Zaino is great, isn't it? One thing though, it was my understanding that the Z-5 wasn't needed for lighter colors, and only for colors like black and red. Did you talk to Sal over at Zaino? Mine is silver, so I'm wondering if I need it or not...

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dookie,

I did not talk to Sam……….my understanding was that Z5 was for swirls removal…….I guess I overdid it. I could have just used Z2 and it would have been fine. With FX I will just go with Z2 and Z6.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I can't tell you one way or the other because I never tried the Z5. It might work though on any color car. I'm sure it does somewhat. I just got the leather conditioner and it smells so good and seems to work good too. Did you use the ZFX accelerator with the Z-2?

D

·
0 Posts
My mistake earlier - I used Z2 instead of Z5 with ZFX. Had no surface scratches or swirls. Went on like a dream and dried fast.,

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dookie said:
I can't tell you one way or the other because I never tried the Z5. It might work though on any color car. I'm sure it does somewhat. I just got the leather conditioner and it smells so good and seems to work good too. Did you use the ZFX accelerator with the Z-2?
Yes, I did use the ZFX accelerator. It allowed me to put 3 leyers in 4 hours

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
esemes said:
kris-

i was gonna make the jump to zaino, but decided to go my other route...

since i am cleaning/washing/detailing/ and rewaxing so often, i am confident i have an eqaully matching result, for less work..

this pic makes me dizzy!
1. just playing with PhotoShop:D

2. what other route?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Other route

Is he referring to just buying new cars instead of waxing the old ones???

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Other route

pcs15394 said:
Is he referring to just buying new cars instead of waxing the old ones???
I like this one! You nailed it!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ZZZZZZZZZZZ

OK, I got my Zaino, got a bunch of towels and am ready to get intimate with the MO. Here's some newbie questions....

After the Dawn wash.... I claybar, then wash again, then I'm going to use the Z5 for swirls, then the Z2 (with Z6 in between) Soooo...

Do I Zaino the grill?

What about the wheels?

Headlights? Tail lights? Or is it just painted surfaces? If not, then what about the glass? chrome?

Can I use the towels to remove more than one coat?

How high should I fill the little bottles? Will the Zaino remaining in the bottle stay fresh between coats?

Will the applicator stay fresh between coats?

Should I use a seperate applicator for the Z2, Z5 applications?

I have a teenie paint chip, After using the official Nissan touch up paint, do I need any specific prep work before Zainoing?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZ

I am not an expert. I can only say what I did and what worked for me:

Do I Zaino the grill? I did.

What about the wheels? I did not.

Headlights? Tail lights? No.

If not, then what about the glass? No.

Chrome? Yes.

Can I use the towels to remove more than one coat? No, I used fresh everywhere (washed).

How high should I fill the little bottles? 1/3.

Will the Zaino remaining in the bottle stay fresh between coats? No, if you use the FX accelerator.

Will the applicator stay fresh between coats? I used the same.

Should I use a separate applicator for the Z2, Z5 applications? I did not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually, according to the Zaino website, the polish is good for about 6 hours after mixing. That includes Z2, Z3 and Z5. I mixed about 2 ounces on my first adventure with Zaino and used 8 drops of ZFX to put 2 coats on. I had about 1/3 ounce left after the second coat.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
116 Posts
I applied 3 layers using less that 1.5 oz. of Z2 with ZFX in early April, spraying the applicator with Z5 as I went. Now, after every other wash I spray and wipe with Z5, it looks just like the day I applied the Z2. and feels as slick as ice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts