Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I had the Zaino kit in my garage for the past few months. I was always waiting for the perfect day to get the Black MO "show car" shiny. Off we go......

First I used the Dawn wash. I really sudsed her up, it took a while to rinse cause I think I used too much soap. It was a little disheartening not to see the water bead anymore, but that was the whole idea... strip the wax!

Then that fricking claybar! Man what a pain. All I could hear was this Homer like voice saying "More Lube, More Lube"! I went through 1 1/2 bars. At one point the claybar just crumbled in my hand. All I kept thinking was... Ya only gotta do this once....

One more quick Dawn wash to super clean the car and another mega rinse.

Then I used the Z-5 (swirl remover edition). I mixed it up with the ZFX and started to lay it down. It went on quite easily. It came off pretty good except for the hood, I really had to buff that.

A quick coat of the spray "gloss enhancer" and I was ready for coat two.

I applied another Z-5 coat and thinking I didn't wait long enough for the last coat to dry, I cut the grass (the old 2 bird theory)

This coat literally wiped off. One more gloss enhancer and Hot Dog! That bad boy shined like she never had before.

My Brother in Law came over in his SL edition and I tried to explain the Zaino story. He wasn't sold until he did the "feel test". He wiped his finger on his (clean) MO, and then did the same on mine. What a difference!

As expected, I was forced to drive in a thunderstorm the very next day. I want to get her clean again and apply a few more coats.

Bottom Line: Zaino Works! I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've heard good things about zaino, i guess this is just another good testemonial. Of course, it's not cheap, so I would hope for some quality stuff.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phanatic said:
Of course, it's not cheap, so I would hope for some quality stuff.
True, the initial outlay seems kinda steep, but, you use so little of the product (except for my self destructing claybars) that this stuff should last me for years!

I just washed the MO with the Zaino soap. That was the most water repellent wash I had ever experienced. Beading doesn't even describe it, the car just stayed super wet. It was about the easiest wash I ever experienced. A quick spray of the gloss enhancer and she looked better than the first time!

Between the Zaino and California duster, even a Black MO can stay clean!
:29:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I remember my first rainstorm after Zaino. I stopped at a red light and so much water rolled off the roof and down the windshield it was almost like someone dumped buckets of water on the car..the same with the hood which after I stopped was almost completely dry because h2o couln't stick to it..

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just finished Zaino-ing my MO here with all the steps, even tires and glass and the results are incredible. It takes quite a while to finish just one coat and enhancer but it is really worth the work.

I have discovered that the enhancer is also very helpful to clean and shine these stainless steel appliques inside.

The only thing to remember at first is to thoroughly read the instructions and the application section on the http://www.zaino.ca web site.

If you do, you'll probably be flabergasted by the results. Otherwise, you can easily ruin your paint finish especially with this clay bar.

Shouldn't rain for a few days here but I want to let the first coat (Z5-ZFX+enhancer) cure completely before going with the Z-2-ZFX+enhancer.

My neighbors are beginning to think that I am completely nuts constantly washing, waxing, rewashing, rewaxing... Well, they are probably right! :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
SIM said:

If you do, you'll probably be flabergasted by the results. Otherwise, you can easily ruin your paint finish especially with this clay bar.

Could you please expand on how you think the clay bar will easily ruin your paint finish? Is this a trait specific to the Zaino product?

I've only used the Mother's California Gold clay bars (about a dozen times) and they are pretty much idiot proof (assuming you use the lube and turn the clay frequently).

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well I read and noticed that as the clay bar is doing its job, it captures particles that were not washed down, especially when you get closer to the bottom of the vehicle. You have to be extra careful not to scratch the paint with these. Second, and it is written in the doc, if you drop the clay bar on the floor, you have to throw it away. What I meant is that if you are too quick and don't take the time to RTFM, you could be in trouble.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This must be zaino weekend. It's beautiful here in Ann Arbor this weekend, so I got out and applied two coats of Z5 on my black Mo today. Tomorrow I'll put on two coats of Z2 and be set till the October winter coat.

While I was waiting for the wax to completely dry, I drank a beer, applied Zaino Tire gloss, Clear-view glass polish, Rain-X'ed the windows and used Zaino Leather in a bottle on the seats. Then I drank another beer. Days like this are sweet.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Now here is a man who KNOWS

Homer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phanatic said:
I've heard good things about zaino, i guess this is just another good testemonial. Of course, it's not cheap, so I would hope for some quality stuff.
You're right, it isn't cheap. My buddy and I went halvies on their $90 kit and spent about 6-hours detailing our cars. Man, that's the snapple of car detailing, (made from the best stuff on earth). The car looked so good, my wife could have easily done her makeup from the reflection of the hood. Simply amazing!

I highly recommend it. Takes some elbow grease, but wonderful stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't say enough about Zaino car wax. I picked up my MO on Saturday afternoon of Labor Day weekend. By Monday noon I had 5 coats of Zaino on it. It looked like a mirror. I have tried everything out there and discovered this stuff a couple of years ago and haven't looked back yet.

Expensive, not too bad ($100 for the ultimate kit) but when you consider your investment in the MO, it's certainly worth every dime.

I hope to get at least another 4 coats on before the end of the month. I will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
741 Posts
DerosaET, I drink to that! :)

It is my second order to Zaino in 2 months... When my father and my sister saw my Zainoed MO, they flipped. I had to do their cars as well. Now, I'm throwing mud at my MO just after I finished waxing it in the garage and just before opening the door to get out... lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got the Zaino on the car this weekend. What a pain, but it is really worth it. A neighbor actually stopped and asked "how many times are you gonna wash that damned thing?" Despite the razzing from the neighbors I would gladly do it again. I didn't expect this polished pewter color to turn out as wet and reflective as it did. Zaino is a winner!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hail Zaino!!!

I applied 3 layers last Easter weekend follow up with a Z5 wipedown every 2 or 3 washes, still looks great. Gives true meaning to Polished Pewter.

Best compliment I get is from a buddy of mine who owns a true trailer queen show car, he says MO looks wet every time he sees her, no mater how dirty she is (never too dirty though). Matter of fact, I gotta' wash her today, missed her weekend bath.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nothing works better than Zaino. I don't know who got me into leaving the Canadian Tire stuff here (Mothers, Meguiar's, Zymol, etc...) but I suspect it was Homer who transmitted first his Zaino religious beliefs to me...

All I can say is "Big thanks Homer, you know your car 'waxes' stuff zillions times better than your hockey!" :2:

BTW, l still have 2 brand new and intact cases of Mother's Pure Carnauba Wax paste. Anyone interested? lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, today we are getting our 4th hurricane in 6 weeks. (Only 3 have actually come through Orlando.) I got my Ultimate Zaino Kit yesterday. Today is shaping up to be a Zaino day! What better reason!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just rememebr, you cannot put TOO LITTLE on each coat.

Many people use too much and then have a mess.

Just a tiny, tiny bit will do it.

The secret is in several coats of VERY THIN layers.

Homer

Good luck on Jeanne

·
Registered
741 Posts
Very tiny coats as Homer says and the more coats the better. I swear to you that I recently went to the dealer and the mechanic was pissed because his towel (that he put on the hood) was always dropping to the floor. Then he tried taping the back quarter as they show in the OEM hitch installation manual, and the masking tape would not hold still to the metal... lol

I laughed a lot. Currently have a dozen or so very light coats on the MO and counting... ;)

Zaino is to wax what Amsoil is to engine oil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did a third installment of the Z-5/Z-6 dance on the MO last night. I got so carried away that when I was done I found myself buffing out the Armada as well. My wife was certainly happy, but is it possible to get Carpel Tunnel from playing too long and often with the Zaino Bros?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bjagos said:
but is it possible to get Carpel Tunnel from playing too long and often with the Zaino Bros?
Well, I suppose if the Zaino wives don't mind....
:runaway:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts