Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
So frustrating.

I’m sure it is. Just step back and remember it’s a car. End of the tunnel is whether you can sell it when the time comes. Other than that you just have to try to let the dealer do the work.

I’ve had to ditch a few relatively new cars for horrible defects that couldn’t be fixed. Sucks. ‘16 F150 with a 5.0 that had a loose wrist pin that sounded like it was grenading. ‘09 Accord coupe V6, defects everywhere and horrible mechanical problems. ‘14 Civic Si with either a bad limited slip diff or axle problem.

Dealers completely screwed me on all three. I had to trade them off. And at the end of the day that’s all that matters. Gone.

·
Super Moderator
7,720 Posts
Dealer/warranty problem, so take it in again and again if needed. Establish a paper trail to prove it happened while in warranty.

That's about the only approach you can take.

·
Registered
11 Posts
UPDATE#2::

The dealership did the inspection and viewed my photos/documentation, which shows the frequency of the malfunction. Dealer contacted Nissan Motor Company and was told to replace the whole radar unit and wiring. The kicker is,,the parts and unit are all on back order and no date as to when available. "Don't call us, we will call you." ( which I understand that is all they can do at this point) The Service MGR said he has seen a few of these issues and seems to be a growing concern for Nissan. Regardless, I will wait for the dealership to call, preform the replacement and hope for the best. Yay!!

·
Super Moderator
7,720 Posts
This is a solid outcome! Not that unusual to have to wait a bit for parts; this is a non-critical assembly and you'll be fine in the interim.

Hope this fixes it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you. Yeah, I am sure it will be fine. I know the dealership's hands are tied and doing the best they can. They have been super nice and supportive and really seem concerned about making things right. The only reason I have posted my situation is hoping it might help someone else who might might be experiencing the same thing and might have questions. I love my 18 Murano SL Midnight Ed.

This is a solid outcome! Not that unusual to have to wait a bit for parts; this is a non-critical assembly and you'll be fine in the interim.

Hope this fixes it for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[My previous reply didn't seem to make it, so trying again]

Update to my 5-26 post: Earlier this week they replaced my front sensor and bracket. It took 4 weeks to get the parts. I found a service bulletin online from 2016 that notes this issue, so Nissan has had 2 MY to get it resolved. Oh well. But kudos to the dealer/service dept. They stayed on top of things and got me an appointment once they knew the part was shipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. Yeah, I am sure it will be fine. I know the dealership's hands are tied and doing the best they can. They have been super nice and supportive and really seem concerned about making things right. The only reason I have posted my situation is hoping it might help someone else who might might be experiencing the same thing and might have questions. I love my 18 Murano SL Midnight Ed.
I have the exact same model and the exact same problem. My car was purchased in March and started having this same problem a few weeks ago. Took it to the dealership today and was told the same thing about back ordering and they will call when it comes in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same issue with my pre-owned 2018 Murano SV & dealer says the sensors need to be aligned & I have to pay $350 for the service as the alignment warranty only applies to 1 year or 12,000 miles & my car has 13,000 on it currently.

I am not buying that explanation & checking with Nissan on this.

Do you guys have any idea if sensor alignment has a different term of warranty as suggested by the dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 Murano SL

I have the exact same model and the exact same problem. My car was purchased in March and started having this same problem a few weeks ago. Took it to the dealership today and was told the same thing about back ordering and they will call when it comes in.
Bought new with 6 miles. After driving less than 1000 miles, I've had the same issue 6 times. Always on clear, sunny days on the highway at 77mph. Will usually re-start after about 10 minutes. The dealer told me the same as above...'back ordered'. From reading these postings, back ordered means several weeks. :(:(

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the same issue with my pre-owned 2018 Murano SV & dealer says the sensors need to be aligned & I have to pay $350 for the service as the alignment warranty only applies to 1 year or 12,000 miles & my car has 13,000 on it currently.

I am not buying that explanation & checking with Nissan on this.

Do you guys have any idea if sensor alignment has a different term of warranty as suggested by the dealer?

I don't think I would accept that either. Where did you buy it from. I would think that would fall under the 3/36K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Part came in. Sitting at the dealership now waiting on my 2018 Murano Midnight Edition (5 hours so far). Hope this sensor works and I have no more problems. I have seen online that this has been an issue ever since Nissan started putting these sensors on all of their models. Looks like they could have the problem solved before now. I just hope this new sensor doesn’t start shutting off again in a few months like the first one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
UPDATE AGAIN...After three days at the dealership my sensor replacement arrived and was replaced. I am planning to drive a few places this weekend and see how it does.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 is Murano with 4,385 miles. Car was purchased in February 2018. Started having the same problem around 3, 000 miles. Dealer has been notified. Having it checked out tomorrow along with my first oil change. When notified of the problem with the radar sensor the service writer seemed to be familiar with the problem. Expecting to hear the same story about back order. Will update later

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was able to drive about 70 miles this past weekend. So far the new, replacement sensor is working as it is designed. I now have about 4600 miles on the clock. I think the next few thousand miles will tell the tell if this is corrected or if it will happen again. My first experience with the failure wasn't until a few thousand miles originally.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got back from the dealership and no replacement but just a clean of the sensor. So far on the drive home nothing popped up.

They sent me home with these documents attached below

If the Unavailable Front Radar alert comes on again, I will try another dealership and see what they say and do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same question for 2 months, and just made 3rd trip to dealer. Dealer suppose to replace the faulty sensor this time, however, they said the swapped sensor is faulty too. And they placed an order for another replacement. This radar is in backorder, that I might have to wait 2-3 months!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just got our new 2018 Murano SL couple weeks ago, and just had this pop up...basically the front collision warning light comes on, and which makes the cruise not work either. Took it to dealer today, they gave us a Versa to use as long as ours was in the shop, they said it wasn’t the first time they’ve seen this, they worked on it all day, said it was throwing out several codes, and the tech couldn’t figure out what was going on, and sent all the info they got from the computer to Nissan. The dealer tech, seems to think it may have to do with the wiring, but we shall see, and post an update ASAP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue. System will turn OFF by itself, or activate by itself when there is no reason for it to. False alarm.

There is a news article about it if you search NISSAN AEB MALFUNCTION. It's affecting the Sentra and likely other models like the Murano. Mine has fully activated because it thought a metallic object on the ground was an obstruction. It is terrifying to be honest.

I will be going in for a third repair in a few weeks. Contact NISSAN and maybe if enough people contact them, they will actually fix it sooner than later. According to the dealer, the issue is the sensor itself, but Nissan has no fix at the moment.

I will let you guys know if my dealer manages to fix it somehow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Total scam

Add me to the list of NISSAN AEB MALFUNCTION victims. Light has been going on and off for almost a year. Own a 2015 Murano SV and the dealer was prepping me that it wasn't going to be covered under the warranty even before inspecting it. Sure enough, the sensor is off 2 degrees, which is greater than the 1 degree which the the max where it will be covered. The dealer said they have been seeing this quite often with Muranos and that something as simple as hitting a speed bump or pothole could cause this. (If this is true, that is horrible engineering).

Opened a case with Nissan Consumer Affairs. They called this morning and said they were NOT going to help with the repair ($1600). Mentioned that there was damage to the bumper (which is a complete lie).

Long story short, I will never buy a Nissan again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had the same problem on my 18 after 4k miles. Waited 1.5 months for part to come in. After dealer replaced it, it has been working fine for 2 months now.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts