9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #46 of 67 Old 01-18-2019, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murano5 View Post
I checked and there is absolutely nothing on the sensor. In fact, I stopped and checked when it happened the first time and also when I got home after it happened the second time. The dealership acted like mine was not the first one they experienced that acted like this. They are very aware of the problem and they know how to fix it, but according to them Nissan won't warranty the faulty part until the computer identifies an error code. Of course hiring an attorney is an overreaction but what is a new owner supposed to do. Nissan know what's wrong and refuses to replace the part. The dealership knows what's wrong but refuses to replace the part. I wonder how many thousands of these faulty sensors are out there. This is my first Nissan. Is this what I have to look forward to from here on? What happened to customer support?
1. I assert that having a dashcam is very handy for such situations as there is a record of the warning beeps, the speed, and the vehicle's front view.

2. Although it is a bit inconceivable that the FCW failure does not through an error code and thus no record in the system, but the dashcam recording can clearly illustrate it. I am curious what the dealer's reaction when is presented with this evidence!

3. I do not rule out consulting with an attorney if Nissan refuses to replace the system with such evidence at hand.

P.M

2015 MO Silver SL AWD with Tech PKG......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 67 Old 01-18-2019, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks, Professor. I, too, am surprised that the failure doesn't lead to an error code. At this point all I can do is trust the dealership to do the right thing. I'm still very disappointed in Nissan for ignoring the problem. I just hope I didn't make a huge mistake moving from a Ford Edge to a Murano.
post #48 of 67 Old 01-18-2019, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Forward Collision Warning fails

I have had mine give a false beep when the road in front of me is steep. Maybe try to observe more about the situation and it may help alleviate your concerns.

My first time I had leaves blow in front of the laser. The second time I hit a low spot in the road and it quickly transitioned uphill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 67 Old 01-19-2019, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My 2017.5 has been shutting off on occasion for the past few months.
It seems to happen most often when the vehicle in front of me moves over into the right lane while I'm on cruise.
"Front Sensor Unavailable" shows on the DIC, cruise disengages, and I get a amber warning light on the left side of the display. The warning goes away quickly, but the amber light will remain on for a couple of miles. Eventually, the light will clear and I can re-engage the cruise control.
Haven't been to the dealer yet but will make an appointment next week.

I haven't been able to get a picture of the DIC message yet because it goes away fairly quickly but hopefully I'll catch it once.
post #50 of 67 Old 01-20-2019, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctord23 View Post
My 2017.5 has been shutting off on occasion for the past few months.
It seems to happen most often when the vehicle in front of me moves over into the right lane while I'm on cruise.
"Front Sensor Unavailable" shows on the DIC, cruise disengages, and I get a amber warning light on the left side of the display. The warning goes away quickly, but the amber light will remain on for a couple of miles. Eventually, the light will clear and I can re-engage the cruise control.
Haven't been to the dealer yet but will make an appointment next week.

I haven't been able to get a picture of the DIC message yet because it goes away fairly quickly but hopefully I'll catch it once.
Exact same scenario, five times so far, except I've been to the dealer without any resolution except "Keep an eye on it!" what ever the heck that means.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #51 of 67 Old 01-21-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is a defective radar sensor that Nissan has known about for the last 2+ years. The part, supplied by Bosch, was noted in an article in Digital Trends in September 2018 (search Google). If affects more than just the Muranos.

As for me. My part failed on my new 2018 Murano last May (car was 3 months old). It was replaced (after a few weeks waiting for the back ordered part) and all was well until October. Then the new part failed as well. Same symptoms as noted here: no reason for failure, cuts out the ACC, then resets after a few minutes. Then it does it again! When I took the car in for service again, it did in fact return the proper error message confirming the known issue. And that's when Nissan instructed the dealer to TAKE NO FURTHER ACTION pending the outcome of a corporate "engineering review." No date for completion of this review is provided. No workarounds are available. So my brand new car "beeps" at me every 5-10 minutes regardless of weather or road conditions. I am also driving a car effectively without cruise control for the first time in 30 years!

North Carolina has a lemon law. However, Nissan seems to have found a way around it. By forcing the customer to wait for their "engineering review" to be completed, and by instructing the dealer to take no action, they get around the conditions that trigger the law from taking affect (i.e., number of days the car is is service, etc.). Neat trick.

Joe
post #52 of 67 Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe28078 View Post
This is a defective radar sensor that Nissan has known about for the last 2+ years. The part, supplied by Bosch, was noted in an article in Digital Trends in September 2018 (search Google). If affects more than just the Muranos.

As for me. My part failed on my new 2018 Murano last May (car was 3 months old). It was replaced (after a few weeks waiting for the back ordered part) and all was well until October. Then the new part failed as well. Same symptoms as noted here: no reason for failure, cuts out the ACC, then resets after a few minutes. Then it does it again! When I took the car in for service again, it did in fact return the proper error message confirming the known issue. And that's when Nissan instructed the dealer to TAKE NO FURTHER ACTION pending the outcome of a corporate "engineering review." No date for completion of this review is provided. No workarounds are available. So my brand new car "beeps" at me every 5-10 minutes regardless of weather or road conditions. I am also driving a car effectively without cruise control for the first time in 30 years!

North Carolina has a lemon law. However, Nissan seems to have found a way around it. By forcing the customer to wait for their "engineering review" to be completed, and by instructing the dealer to take no action, they get around the conditions that trigger the law from taking affect (i.e., number of days the car is is service, etc.). Neat trick.

Joe
Thanks for the update. I had the same “engineering review” issue with a 2010 Subaru Outback and once they knew it was unfixable they would not let the dealer take it again. It is corporate strategy used by all manufacturers today.

2018 Platinum AWD Arctic Blue / Graphite - Current
2010 LE AWD - Former
post #53 of 67 Old 01-25-2019, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I brought our new 18 Murano home from the dealer today after a week in the shop. The radar sensor finally acted up for them and threw a code allowing them to replace it under warranty. We'll see how long the new one lasts before this all begins again. My wife and I really love our Pearl White Midnight Edition. I hope this is the only glitch.
post #54 of 67 Old 03-15-2019, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Finally reached the point where the Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction was occurring daily.
On a road trip last weekend, it failed at least 12 times.
Made an appointment yesterday to drop it off this morning and went in ready to document the issue in case I got push back from service.
Left the vehicle for 6 hours and an hour ago I received word that it was repaired with a new sensor and programming.
On the invoice, they noted code CLA16, that the sensor failed when they tried to verify aim and that it had no damage. Sensor replaced, aiming performed, road tested.
When I picked it up, I mentioned that I was surprised that they had the sensor in stock.
He told me that they have had to fix several. He also said they had revised programming that they had installed.

Fingers crossed that it lasts.
post #55 of 67 Old 03-16-2019, 10:48 AM

Garage
Was at the dealer Monday for UFRO error while driving.

The last straw was when it cut out as I was in a pack of cars going 45MPH that had started to slowdown. All of a sudden as the brakes dropped off the UFRO error came up and I had to suddenly take over to avoid hitting the guy in front. Luckily, the guy in back had already been flashed by my brake lighting system and was backing off.

I tapped the camera save button and ended up showing the service manager the video clip where you could clearly hear the UFRO warning chime, along with the camera's internal collision avoidance warnings sounding off within milliseconds of the Nissan system shutting off.

They did a reprogram, saying the this new program resolves an issue with the system falsely shutting down due to some internal condition. No parts were replaced or moved.

I've taken two trips, total of about 200 miles and the UFRO error has not came back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a good day.

20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
All LED Lighting
post #56 of 67 Old 04-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Garage
Collision system errored out Saturday night, clear road, CC set to 72 MPH. Got to the dealers a little after noon on Monday. Needed to keep the Murano over night so I got a ride home.

As I picked up my car, the service manager explained that they just got a new version of the Bosch detectors and were just replacing them as people are coming in. Sure enough, I've go a new detector in the front. Service paper shows part # 28438-9UC0A - Sensor Unit-Distance.

Hope this helps anyone else having this error issue.

Have a good day.

20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
All LED Lighting
post #57 of 67 Old 04-02-2019, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Mine was replaced on Oct 29/18. Same part number.
No problems since.

2018 SL Pacific Sunset
Arrived February 2018

Previously
2012 SV Tinted Bronze
and
2003 SL Gold
post #58 of 67 Old 04-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have a similar problem. 2018 with about 13,000 KM on it. Mine shuts down consistently EVERY single trip, usually after about 7-10 minutes of driving.
It works fine before it shuts down, but once it shuts down, it stays off until a restart.
Will discuss with service at my next oil change.

2018 Murano SL
post #59 of 67 Old 04-16-2019, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just purchased a 2018 Nissan Murano SL w/ 15k miles. It was fine in the test drive, but now I'm having the same issue as @The_Penguin. When it is on, the radar sensor works for both ICC (cruise control) and FCW (braking). But every trip for the past two days, the system shuts down 5 - 10 minutes into the trip. When it shuts down I hear the warning chime and the FCW malfunction indicator comes on, but I don't see any message on the instrument display. I'm pretty sure I look quick enough to catch it.

For anyone new to the issue, below is the malfunction icon.

Once the system shuts down, it stays down until I turn the Murano off and back on. Once I restart the car, it always works, but only stays working for another 5-10 minutes before the malfunction indicator comes back on. I repeated this cycle four or five times on my last trip. Each time the system only stayed on for 5 minutes or so, and each time it came back on again after restarting the car. I'm nearly positive that there is no obstruction or dirt on the sensor.

I'm taking it into a Nissan dealership later this week, but I'm pretty sure they will give me the line about a damaged bumper or something since I didn't purchase the car from a Nissan dealership.

Could someone look at the image below and let me know if the marked area is the radar sensor? The Murano's manual seems to indicate that the sensor is behind and/or underneath the grille, but the picture isn't very specific. Is there supposed to be a grill covering the marked area?

The_Penguin likes this.
post #60 of 67 Old 04-17-2019, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimz View Post
I just purchased a 2018 Nissan Murano SL w/ 15k miles. It was fine in the test drive, but now I'm having the same issue as @The_Penguin. When it is on, the radar sensor works for both ICC (cruise control) and FCW (braking). But every trip for the past two days, the system shuts down 5 - 10 minutes into the trip. When it shuts down I hear the warning chime and the FCW malfunction indicator comes on, but I don't see any message on the instrument display. I'm pretty sure I look quick enough to catch it.

For anyone new to the issue, below is the malfunction icon.

Once the system shuts down, it stays down until I turn the Murano off and back on. Once I restart the car, it always works, but only stays working for another 5-10 minutes before the malfunction indicator comes back on. I repeated this cycle four or five times on my last trip. Each time the system only stayed on for 5 minutes or so, and each time it came back on again after restarting the car. I'm nearly positive that there is no obstruction or dirt on the sensor.

I'm taking it into a Nissan dealership later this week, but I'm pretty sure they will give me the line about a damaged bumper or something since I didn't purchase the car from a Nissan dealership.

Could someone look at the image below and let me know if the marked area is the radar sensor? The Murano's manual seems to indicate that the sensor is behind and/or underneath the grille, but the picture isn't very specific. Is there supposed to be a grill covering the marked area?

Really ???? I though Nissan learned the lesson and moved the sensor somewhere, after many complains about safety system shutoffs when radar gets covered with dirt or wet snow.
Apparently not, its still at the same spot as our 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: