Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check that they are replacing the ABS actuator due to code C1A27 (ECD power supply circuit). also had codes C1155 verified not the issue, C1A16 radar stain verified sensor ok. Philly
So the actuator was replaced, and no big surprise the problem has re-occured. Back to the shop again......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My 2017 platinum Murano is about 9 months old. Recently, I have been having a problem where a message keeps popping up that says I “Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction.” The problem happens while on the highway when either the car in front of me switches lanes or I switch lanes while a car is in front of me. The radar system stays off for about 5 minutes and then turns back on and then does it over and over. It seems like the sensor is working fine (it’s not getting blocked by snow or dirt or anything), but it freaks out when it sees a car in front of me and then it suddenly disappears so it just shuts off. I doubt the dealer will help me much with the issue because it seems like a problem with the program rather than the sensor. Does anybody have any idea why it might be doing this or what I can do to fix it? I don’t use the cruise control much but the constant beeping noise gets pretty annoying.

Thanks
I had the same issue with my murano front radar obstructed kept coming up .shortly after I purchased the vehicle I took it to the nissan dealer and the replaced the radar in the front bumper .the company I bought it he murano used from paid for the repair it cost over 1400 bucks to replace

·
Registered
8 Posts
Front radar obstruction

my 2017 Murano is also experiencing the front radar obstruction problem. what's scary is that when it happens it disables the cruise control. was on the highway last weekend passing another vehicle at 75 mph and it did it and disabled the cruise. A bit startling and dangerous. Dealer says Nissan is "engineering" the problem and a fix is not available. Called customer service today at Nissan and filed a case on it. They don't seem to be concerned about it, but I want it fixed! Anyone else have this issue and get if fixed? Dealer says all the 2018's are experiencing it. If that's true, then Nissan surely will do something about it.
Same problem here on our 2018 Plat. and it will do it out of the blue even on a wide open highway on a clear and sunny day. Very aggravating. I'm 800 kms from the nearest Nissan dealership but will definitely be taking it in to at least record the problem. I would be just as happy without the radar cruise. I also notice that the cruise control is lazy. After setting, it drops back 2-3 kph and then slowly climbs back up, anyone else notice this? Thanks for posting everyone that has this problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up our new 18 Murano in mid September in Alberta and drove it back to Manitoba. No issues with the radar unit on the 1200 km trip (it slowed the car to the vehicle speed ahead ok while in cruise) but I'm now concerned about the unit getting smacked by road debris and disabling the cruise and EBS after reading others comments. So wondering if anyone has tried covering the unit with something to protect it. I know the manual mentions possible malfunctions if covering it with opaque or transparent coverings. I had some plexiglass handy so cut a piece to fit over the radar unit and fastened to the plastic grill overtop with screws and rubber washers. Tried it out yesterday and no issues with the cruise but true test will come for the EBS if needed. Will try it out with traffic ahead to see if it adjusts speed accordingly. Comments?
Less than a year later and the cruise is kicking off constantly just like everyone else's on the 18's. Traffic or no traffic, rain, snow, or clear it has a mind of it's own and shuts down at random. The plastic covering I made at least kept the sensor from getting beaten up and DID NOT affect the operation of the cruise. I was able to verify this when I took the cover off on an extended trip and the cruise still failed just as frequently. Granted it does reset in 5 - 10 minutes while driving or if the engine is shut off and restarted but this is not what I paid for. If someone actually gets theirs fixed permanently please post. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too am having the same issue. I bought my first ever Brand new vehicle. A 2018 Nissan Murano Platinum. OO boy I thought new car no issues. Boy was I wrong !! Issues started right from day one with seats not warming up or cooling. Then I was locked out. ( thats a whole other issue) Then the Navigation screen went black. My car only has 8000 km. All I get is a bunch of BS from the dealership and Nissan. Very disappointed in customer service that Nissan offers. I should've stuck with Chev/GM. OOO and no timeline on when the part will be here to fix cruise/ breaking system. Nice thanks for nothing. !!!
Were they able to fix the heating and cooling of the seats? If so what was involved in the fix. Our front seats are very slow to heat up and it only feels like the lumbar is heating, seat bottom appears to stay the same. Rear seats work really well but since it's only my mother-in-law that drives from back there......it doesn't help me. This is our first Nissan too, we have a 2003 Monte Carlo that runs like a charm and a 2005 Blazer that is aging but still runs...most of the time ;). Was thinking of the Sorento, maybe should have gone that way and got some towing power which the Murano does not have.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have found on both my '03 ad '19 that I need to use high heat at first to get the seats to warm faster, then I turn it down to low heat after about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

My 2017 platinum Murano is about 9 months old. Recently, I have been having a problem where a message keeps popping up that says I “Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction.” The problem happens while on the highway when either the car in front of me switches lanes or I switch lanes while a car is in front of me. The radar system stays off for about 5 minutes and then turns back on and then does it over and over. It seems like the sensor is working fine (it’s not getting blocked by snow or dirt or anything), but it freaks out when it sees a car in front of me and then it suddenly disappears so it just shuts off. I doubt the dealer will help me much with the issue because it seems like a problem with the program rather than the sensor. Does anybody have any idea why it might be doing this or what I can do to fix it? I don’t use the cruise control much but the constant beeping noise gets pretty annoying.

Thanks
I have an issue with my 2017 also and I use my cruise all the time. It is not that fun to be driving on the highway and all of a sudden your cruise turns off. This has just recently started so it is not a problem that his been there all along. It appears that there are all kinds of problems with the front and sensor. The dealership tried to tell me it was probably because of the rain and the rain was making this sensor turn off my cruise and turning on the dash icon and beeping. I am driven in rain and snow before and never had problems so this leads me to believe the sensor is faulty and they just don't want to say anything about it. Apparently there was a big issue with the Rogue at one time

·
Registered
771 Posts
Update: Dealer replaced my front radar sensor (part# 28438-9UC0A) at my 15k service due to multiple UFRO warnings. Hopefully this one will be more reliable than the original. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Sentra SV Special Edition with just over 5k miles that's equipped with a front radar, I get a chime and pop up that says Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction when I do very specific things while driving (turn at certain intersections, drive down a certain bridge, drive behind Walmart, etc). It happens in the same places without fail every time.
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I’ve been following this thread for a few months, since about 11/12/19 to now there about. I bought my 2018 Nissan Murano used in Nov of 2019 and shortly after started experiencing the “Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction” issue. I brought it back to the Nissan dealership (Teddy Nissan), which was in another county, a week or two later to have it looked at and the result was that “the technician could not duplicate the issue”. And so the vehicle was handed back to me with the issue unresolved. It was after that I found this forum while trying to see if anyone one else experienced the problem. Boy did I find out I wasn’t the only one and that this issue has been well documented (Faulty radars are compromising Nissan's emergency braking system). With so much documentation about this issue out there, I then found it very hard to believe that they were unaware of the situation and that they even gave me the rain and debris excuse for the obstruction. I decided that when the vehicle needed service next, that I would bring it to one of my local dealerships here in Queens NY (Rockaway Nissan). Well yesterday was that day. I had previously scheduled my appointment for maintenance and for the radar issue, so when I arrived I just had to reiterate. They took the vehicle and in about 3 hours I got it back with them stating that all issues were taken care of. My multipoint inspection said that the part was replaced with “28438-5BN0A sensor unit” (I will also try to upload a small screen shot of the multipoint inspection). I paid and left the service center. My drive from there is about 20 minutes and I must say the sensor warning did “NOT” come on. It usually comes on within 5 minutes or less guaranteed. Doesn’t matter how I drive or what I do. The only thing I could say was it was not as sensitive as it was before (you know, when it actually worked for a few minutes before giving off the warning that is is now disabled lol). I know because I tried it against a couple of vehicles that were stopped at red lights (I must have scared a few folks who might have noticed me coming in hot behind them lol). I was about to say that it doesn’t work when it actually went off but, I was pretty damn close to the vehicle in front, closer than I needed to be before, and that was only the caution beep and not even the full red bar beep that went off. So not sure if they just dumbed down the sensitivity or what. Either way the annoying deactivation warning did not come on for the entire ride. My Murano is basically my “Sunday” vehicle at the moment, as I also own a Rogue (my wife’s car) which handles any daily commute with this virus going around. She’s home, I’m essential personnel. I say this to say I won’t get to test the Murano out again for a while, but I will update or post a new message if I discover any other details. Hope this is actually a lasting or permanent fix, as I don’t really rely on any automated assistance, but that annoying warning noise and light needed to go.
6364FE5B-A76B-4210-83A5-E75DA5674AF7.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Nissan Murano Front Radar Obstruction

My dealer is waiting for Nissan Corporate to identify and fix the problem. It has been over a few months and still no fix. It is a a nasty distraction when trying to change lanes on the freeway and have the beep and message appear.
I decided to log a formal complaint on the Nissan Consumer affairs website today. I encourage others to the same. The more written complaints the faster the fix. You can locate the "Contact Us" link on the NissanUSA website.
I am having the exact same issue with my 2018 Nissan Murano. I have only had the vehicle a few months, and with the COVID-19 restrictions, I have not had it out on the highway until this past weekend. I had the EXACT same issue, warning etc. It happened 12+times in a 6 hour trip. I took it to a dealer because someone almost re-ended me the first time it happened. The dealer said that it is a faulty ICC Module and the repair is $1500+ I have always had such great service from Nissan in the past so I contacted the Nissan of North America about the problem, because a Google search shows MANY others have the same issue and that Nissan is aware of it. SADLY, THEY DONT CARE! They said currently there is no recall and that I should report it to NHTSA as they are the ones who keep track of issues. Apparently someone will have to have a serious accident before anyone cares. Of course I am going to pay to fix it because it is a DANGEROUS issue. Be sure to file a report and maybe if enough of us do they will step up and do what's right.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am having the exact same issue with my 2018 Nissan Murano. I have only had the vehicle a few months, and with the COVID-19 restrictions, I have not had it out on the highway until this past weekend. I had the EXACT same issue, warning etc. It happened 12+times in a 6 hour trip. I took it to a dealer because someone almost re-ended me the first time it happened. The dealer said that it is a faulty ICC Module and the repair is $1500+ I have always had such great service from Nissan in the past so I contacted the Nissan of North America about the problem, because a Google search shows MANY others have the same issue and that Nissan is aware of it. SADLY, THEY DONT CARE! They said currently there is no recall and that I should report it to NHTSA as they are the ones who keep track of issues. Apparently someone will have to have a serious accident before anyone cares. Of course I am going to pay to fix it because it is a DANGEROUS issue. Be sure to file a report and maybe if enough of us do they will step up and do what's right.
Your 2018 should still be under warranty. How many miles are on the car?

81 - 92 of 92 Posts