Nissan Murano Forum banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do yourself a favour, find a scrap yard MO and get the oem module and wiring. I ended up scrapping the modules as I ended up having issues with the turn signals again. The resistor I used to make the signals work ended up giving out. So I ended up using a light bulb. But even that was not the best solution.
Going oem I ended up transplanting a massive section of the rear body harness from a scrapped MO to make it all work. It was the best decision I made.... I also took the liberty of adding in the oem reverse cam but that was a whole other big money project lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Danf for your advice.. but unfortunately here, in my country its not easy to find a MO in scrap yard. :(

I have a pairs of tailight led, and the solution is work in my own adpaters..

For that reason I would like to have the diagram or circuit posted in the white paper.. I really appreciate if you have a diagram with the necssary to make the adapters module. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is the unit combination lap. I found in a scrap yard. the question is only one unit for both lamps or two unit (RR and RL) please help!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
My apologies on late reply. I have been crazy busy.
I looked through all my harddrives for the white paper but I do not have it anymore. Good thing you found this as that is the module that you are looking for. It does both left and right lights. Did you get the wiring harness to go with it?
PM me an email address and I will send you the appropriate wiring diagrams

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Dan!!

i found the module, but as i said, my concern was the RR indicated in the box. Fontunately you explain me tha is only one box module for both tailights.

The harness wiring is not include. i request to the scrap yard, but they told me only the connector is available not the complete harness.

I will send you a pm for more info about de diagram of 16pins connector.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I am thinking about this as well. I have an 04 SE AWD fully loaded with projector headlights, Navi, etc... and these lights would be perfect in my car haha.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If I find a MO in the junkyard where do I look for the module and wiring harness? Does anyone have a picture of the entire thing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The wiring harness is part of the body harness and needs to be cut out to accordingly. It goes from the rear tail lights all the way to the front. As it is a body harness it will come with several connectors. I cut this section out of a scrap MO and the wrecker I got it from was very reasonable in the price. I had a roughly 30 foot section cut out and a lot of the interior needs to come apart to extract it properly. The oem module sits underneath the drivers rear seat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If anyone has done the original conversion as per protonz white paper, I'm looking for some assistance. I performed the conversion years ago and it has worked flawlessly, but now my left tail light will not light up when I brake. It still shows dim when I turn the lights on, and bright when I signal, but not bright when I brake. Any suggestions as to what part of the circuit setup is malfunctioning? I'll try to post of a picture of protonz circuit setup later.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am as well looking for the write up on the tail light upgrade? if not can anyone help me out on how to do the upgrade and what i need ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dan,
thank you for the valuable info. I have got the module. Now it comes the wiring...
It is impossible to find the oem wiring harness... I looked in every junk yard!
Do you have any clue about the wiring diagram of the 16 pin module and how to connect it?

Best,

Clement

·
Registered
8 Posts
Problem Murano 07

Problem whith indicators
Hi All. I m a new member from Poland .
I am proud to be a new MO owner too. Got my 07 MO from USA with leds and i have a problem with my taillight - all indicators are working two times faster ,
i might add that the rear lamps were turned on bulbs lamps .
Is it possible to connect a conventional lamp in place of LED??

ask for any info or just plug and how to convert everything to work properly, or is there another problem, I salute

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2006 Murano is already in Hungary, and has been for a year with Canadian registration insured with an American firm out of FL for liability coverage in Europe, however they will not renew this policy when it expires in August 2010, so that is why it will now need to be registered in Hungary officially, and for that to happen, this tail light compliance will be a holdup unless it is sorted out.

We have not registered it in Hungary before now as the duties are like $15K due to the large engine size (in European standards that is) and it seemed like a lot of money just to get registration, but now that the insurance carrier is halting Euro policies to all, we are in this position of no other options.

The dealer in Hungary is astronomically priced with any parts, and that is why I am trying to collect parts in the USA (I reside in Atlanta, GA) while my parents live in Hungary, and it is for them I am doing this legwork....

So there is time, and I will hope to get to the bottom of what I need to do to rectify this situation....

Cheers,
Did you ever find a way to do the reverse conversion? I recently purchased 2006 Murano that a previous owner replaced the 2006 LED tail light assemblies with 2005 incandescent assemblies but did not bother to change the circuitry and they flash extremely fast. Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you want to do this, you would have to cut out the led control unit. I would not recomend this to anyone who is not 110% electronic saavy. Just get the oem led taillight assemblies. They look 10x better anyways. If i remember correctly all the signals come from the BCM go to the LED unit and go to the taillights. The LED's use the same wire for more then 1 function. Its the way the circuit inside the taillight is setup as well.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts
About this Discussion
197 Replies
71 Participants
andyyy2586
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing