Nissan Murano Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
AlanSeattle said:

Hey Bellevue Nissan. Bite me. You're a bunch of losers.
AlanSeattle-

I hope you don't mind, but I thought it was worth repeating. :4:

-njjoe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Not at all! Thanks for the applause. And guess what? When i get the MO back, I am going to send a letter to the General Manager of Bellevue Nissan along with the repair order and tell them they need to fire their service manager.

I'll not get a response I suspect (hint hint Bellevue Nissan...it takes a man with a good level of hootsba to concede you f'ed up).

Cheers everyone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
OK Now last UPDATE. Or should I say Conclusion.

Right from the Burien Nissan work order:

Plugged PVC System
Leaking Valve Covers
Per Tech Assistance Inspected Valve Covers for leaks. Found covers leaking causing oil to enter the intake manifold. R&R Valve Covers. R&R Intake to clean. Cleaned and Test Drove vehicle. No smoke present. Retested sitting overnight. No smoke present. Recommended to customer to do 30k mile service and injection system cleaning to ensure vehicle is in to shape. Customer declined.

Then the tech had the balls to state:

"Regular maintenance in the past may have caught this condition earlier". (ah, I just bought the MO) and they new that!

When i picked it up, the service adviser asked me if I had put gas in the loaner. OMG, how snotty. Of course I did and even if I had not, whats that, 10 bucks!!!

I'll tell you, I had a Lexus IS300 a few years ago and an Audi A4. Their service was impeccable. They treated you like Kings.

Nissan, you should be embarrassed.

T

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I'm confused. If the valve covers were leaking wouldn't the oil leak out onto the engine? There is no way oil is leaking from the valve covers into the intake manifold. The only fluid pathway is through the PCV-valve and they claim it was plugged. More Nissan dealer double-speak?

-njjoe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hmm interesting point. But, whatever they did seems to have worked. No smoke. I'll watch the oil. If it returns, adios Murano and Hello MDX or RX350

·
Registered
40 Posts
This thread worries me GREATLY. I just passed 60k on the odometer, with NO extended warranty, and my MO spit out blue smoke for 5 sec's after it was sitting for a week. I have noticed the occasional spit of smoke after sitting for extended periods before, but this time it was really noticeable (the cloud lingered for some time). However, I'm near 5k miles to my oil change (Mobil 1, change the oil myself) and I only needed 1 qt. of oil to reach F on the dipstick...so I don't know?!?

I'm seriously considering selling it now, something like this just doesn't fix itself. I wonder if there's enough cases like this to get a recall started.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Hey Thinks Twice. Talk with your Nissan Service Manager. Tell him that Nissan knows of this problem, and that they redesigned the Valve covers and seals because of this issue. Thats what Nissan USA and the service manager told me. It never hurts to put it out there.

The repair seems to have worked. No smoke at all now.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
sad to hear about your service department mishaps. it's pretty pathetic to hear that... i thought my dealership had crappy service up until i started working behind the scene's now. i will talk to one of the senior techs tomorrow and ask them about the issue you've had alan. we've had several g35's in the last couple weeks come in in need of engine replacements because of oil consumption. no murano's or longitudinally mounted VQ35 engines though.

·
5,268 Posts
So the VQ is not bullet proof after all....:(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Hey NissanLove. Cool that would be great to hear if there has been an issue with this VQ engine. According to the service rep at Burien Nissan, there is a service note out on it that states its a problem and that Nissan actually redesigned the valve cover and seals.

I still love the MO, its not smoking anymore, and i have a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty on the dang thing, so I'll keep it.

Its actually parked next to an MDX right now and the MDX looks like a Minivan. lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i posted a comment regarding your situation in my ask a tech section of the forum alan :)

btw it's very rare that we get any problems with the newer VQ engines. i had a 2001 QX4 come in today with an oil consumption problem, but that thing had a whole heep of other problems as well because of poor maintence.

·
Registered
203 Posts
SIM said:
I have had the same problem with my 2004 MO brand new when they put Bardhal syntec because this was the brand that they were pushing at the dealer.

They quickly stopped using it as it was puffing blue out of every exhausts and too many clients were complaining. I know that I really disliked it when I started the MO in the garage.

Switching to Amsoil fixed the problem but I guess that any other oil would have done the trick as well. I don't know what is the problem with the Bardhal but Nissan products really can't live with it.
Had oil changed on thursday and now notice a little blue smoke when accelerating, I really cant tell the oil level by the dipstick because It never seems to give accurate readings.

I am also about to replace spark plugs because I notice a little spark knock and that is usually when I see the puff of blue smoke but it has been doing the spark knock for a while now, normally if I use cheap gas. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I-285MURANO said:

Had oil changed on thursday and now notice a little blue smoke when accelerating, I really cant tell the oil level by the dipstick because It never seems to give accurate readings.

I am also about to replace spark plugs because I notice a little spark knock and that is usually when I see the puff of blue smoke but it has been doing the spark knock for a while now, normally if I use cheap gas. Any suggestions?
Try checking the oil after the car has been off for 30 minutes. How many miles on your MO?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I-285MURANO said:

Just turned 147,000k miles
Definitely time for plugs!

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I-285MURANO said:
Just turned 147,000k miles
Are you claiming you have 147,000 miles on the original plugs??

-njjoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2004 Murano SL. 34k miles. Love it. But, when the car has been sitting for a few hours, and i go an start it, the engine gives a pretty good size of oil burning smoke for 10 seconds. Then it goes away. My neighbor has the exact same Murano and his sometimes does this. Help? I have an appointment at the Nissan Dealer tomorrow to have it checked out.

Anyone have any thoughts about what this could be? Thanks so much!!!
I'm having the same problems I won't to know to I got it last year March of 2019 it is a 2006 do they have recall on they

101 - 118 of 118 Posts